ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel out of UK, Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

phadyz
Newly Registered
Mood:

Travel out of UK, Naturalisation Application

Post by phadyz » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:00 pm

Hi,

I hope someone can help with this.
I just noticed the Gov.uK was updated in Mar 2019, with regards to the Nauralisation guidance and also they stopped the National Document Return Service.

At the end of this month (June), I would have completed the 12 months on the ILR and will be eligive to apply for Naturalisation.

I need to retain my current passport and BRP, as I need to travel out of the UK on business while the application is processed. Currently there's no mention how to retain the passport and BRP (I haven't started the online application yet, so not sure if this is shown/described during that).

Also, does anyone know how long the Naturalisation application processing takes?

Thanks.

guru1s

Re: Travel out of UK, Naturalisation Application

Post by guru1s » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:08 pm

phadyz wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:00 pm

Also, does anyone know how long the Naturalisation application processing takes?

Thanks.
You need to apply online and submit the electronic scanned copies of original documents. There is no need to post original.

Naturalisation process takes up to 6 months (2-4 months on average).