ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizens Living in Germany Citizenship requirements

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rakasi
Newly Registered

British Citizens Living in Germany Citizenship requirements

Post by rakasi » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:51 pm

Hello All,

I am British Citizen and I have been living in Germany since Feb 2017. Started working and paying taxes since April 2019. I had lived in UK for 15 Years before and I had paid taxes before in UK.

Since we dont know deal/ No deal Brexit happens in October? Does anyone has applied for Citizenship even though we are not eligible. Thelocal.de paper suggest we better apply now.

I live in Stuttgart. If anyone has applied for German Citizenship please let me know how you did it and what the process and what are the requirements.

Thank you

rakasi
Newly Registered

British Citizens Living in Germany and trying to apply for German Citizenship requirements

Post by rakasi » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:09 pm

Hello All,

This forum may not be the right place but related to Brexit. Hence the reason I had published here.

I am British Citizen and I have been living in Germany since Feb 2017. Started working and paying taxes since April 2019. I had lived in UK for 15 Years before and I had paid taxes before in UK.

Since we dont know deal/ No deal Brexit happens in October? Does anyone has applied for Citizenship even though you are not eligible to apply in Germany. Thelocal.de paper suggest we better apply now.

I live in Stuttgart. If anyone has applied for German Citizenship please let me know how you did it and what is the process and what are the requirements.

Thank you

Casa

Re: British Citizens Living in Germany and trying to apply for German Citizenship requirements

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:49 pm

rakasi wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:09 pm
Hello All,

This forum may not be the right place but related to Brexit. Hence the reason I had published here.

Since we dont know deal/ No deal Brexit happens in October? Does anyone has applied for Citizenship even though you are not eligible to apply in Germany. Thelocal.de paper suggest we better apply now.

I live in Stuttgart. If anyone has applied for German Citizenship please let me know how you did it and what is the process and what are the requirements.

Thank you
Why have you repeated your post after only 20 minutes :?: You may have to be patient for a member who has applied for German citizenship to respond if and when they are able.

However, it's not clear why you feel Brexit will enable you to qualify after only 2 years of residency in Germany when this generally requires 8 years. :?

You will also lose your British citizenship.

https://www.germany-visa.org/german-citizenship/
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

travellove
Newly Registered
Malta

Re: British Citizens Living in Germany Citizenship requirements

Post by travellove » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:56 am

I don't think brexit has anything to do with your german visa. You just have to respect the rules, pay your taxes there, have your paperwork in order and when you are eligible then you apply.

rakasi
Newly Registered

Post by rakasi » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:17 am

Hi Travellove and Moderator,

Thank you for reply.

Why have you repeated your post after only 20 minutes :?: You may have to be patient for a member who has applied for German citizenship to respond if and when they are able.

I tried to publish same article in another UK Brexit related forum and got published here. I tried to delete is as soon as I realized last night itself but I couldnt find a way on the website. Please be my guest if you can do so. As you can see the difference in post if you observe closely.

However, it's not clear why you feel Brexit will enable you to qualify after only 2 years of residency in Germany when this generally requires 8 years. :?

I clearly know I am not eligible and I did agree on my previous post.You might not come across this article below.

https://www.thelocal.de/20180927/try-to ... itizenship

I had clearly stated I am not eligible.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:35 am

Quote "But if they’ve been here six or even five years, especially if they're married or in a long term relationship,"
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.