ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My husband is not getting his Indian passport... is there anything we can do???? (I'm a US citizen)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dianeag
Newly Registered
United States of America

My husband is not getting his Indian passport... is there anything we can do???? (I'm a US citizen)

Post by dianeag » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:02 pm

I'll try to keep this brief. I live in India with my Indian husband. I am a US citizen. We were married in May 2018.
January 2019 he submitted his application to update his passport, changing marital status and adding my name. Those are the only changes being made. He had a valid passport, we had just returned from a couple of months abroad in Thailand.
Since then he has been to the passport office, as well as many other government offices he's referred to, numerous times. It's always the same, fill this out, we'll get back with you. He never hears back. Months of this going on, and in the meantime, my mother is dying in the US and we can't move forward trying to get his visa.
Basically- we do not have the cash to bribe the officials and we recently found out he was put on some sort of blacklist. No one will actually do anything with his application because once someone notates the file, they see you as a danger. It's absolute rubbish.
I am desperate and just praying that someone can tell me that my US government can help us out. He has never been to the US and has not met my parents. My mother is not well enough to travel and was diagnosed with a fatal lung disease recently. I don't know what to do anymore.
Thank you in advance for any insight you may provide
Diane

dianeag
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: My husband is not getting his Indian passport... is there anything we can do???? (I'm a US citizen)

Post by dianeag » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:04 pm

Oh, and this is likely important-- they canceled his other passport when he submitted his application. I am on a travel visa and I am required to exit India every 6 months (even just an overnight). He does not have a passport and can't leave the country.