ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Sulla » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:44 pm

Hol292 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:32 pm
Just spoke to the FBR team so thought I’d give an update.

He said my application (sent 1st week in August) has yet to be checked so hasn’t been processed at all. But that they have moved on to August 2018 applications now so he’d hope for some news for me in the next few weeks and said to give them a call back if I don’t hear anything.

I’d hoped for better news - even if it’s just that my documents had all been primarily checked and were in order. But oh well. It takes as long as it takes and I’m sure the guys are working hard on the backlog.
What he should say is that they are restarting the August applications. It's not as if this is the first time August applicants have been processed. Sean, Spav and I were all August applicants. You applied 4 days before I did. Yet they added me to the FBR on November 28th 2018, while they have not even processed yours. No explanation has ever been given for such differences or for this apparent long pause in processing.

Despite that, it does appear that things are drawing to a conclusion for all those that applied in August. Amcbamcb and Michael have both been added recently and it looks like the next month will see many of the others on the FBR - if not quite yet in receipt of their certificates.

As Court indicated, you were fortunate to get through on the phone. I tried and failed many times.

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:48 am

After a few attempts, I got through. I asked of the 2-3 week quoted in the email was a current expectation, they said it was accurate but Im thinking thats when it will be printed and I should expect anything for 3 more weeks.

Laurie9434

Post by Laurie9434 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:53 am

Michael123 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:48 am
After a few attempts, I got through. I asked of the 2-3 week quoted in the email was a current expectation, they said it was accurate but Im thinking thats when it will be printed and I should expect anything for 3 more weeks.
Michael

You received the email??!!!! Tomorrow is 10 months exactly (Aug 15). I keep hoping and hoping!!

Laurie

Pumps100

Post by Pumps100 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:56 am

Laurie9434 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:53 am
Michael123 wrote:
Michael

You received the email??!!!! Tomorrow is 10 months exactly (Aug 15). I keep hoping and hoping!!

Laurie
I'm 9 months 16 days as of today (Aug 29).

Ian

Jacqui309

Post by Jacqui309 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:19 pm

13 months today I received the email saying they had received my application. In October they first looked at it and asked for some clarification. Over the next 2 months they asked for more clarification. These were things like my grandma had O’ on some certificates and not others. Worth mentioning something like that on your application if there is anything not 100% clear. Also the doctor who signed my passport copy as witness did not have a stamp or card as he is the Medical Director of a hospital trust. He gave his GMC registration but had to email them direct from his NHS email account. Hopefully I will get a response soon. All questions were via email and responded to immediately.

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:14 pm

Laurie9434 wrote:
Michael123 wrote:
Michael

Laurie
Yes, last Friday. 2 weeks before my 10th month.
Attachments
AF2F2F86-D616-4C20-AF03-C22A9BDA5867.jpeg
AF2F2F86-D616-4C20-AF03-C22A9BDA5867.jpeg (391.21 KiB) Viewed 2085 times

usczkat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by usczkat » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:24 pm

Sulla wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:44 pm
Hol292 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:32 pm
Just spoke to the FBR team so thought I’d give an update.

He said my application (sent 1st week in August) has yet to be checked so hasn’t been processed at all. But that they have moved on to August 2018 applications now so he’d hope for some news for me in the next few weeks and said to give them a call back if I don’t hear anything.

I’d hoped for better news - even if it’s just that my documents had all been primarily checked and were in order. But oh well. It takes as long as it takes and I’m sure the guys are working hard on the backlog.
What he should say is that they are restarting the August applications. It's not as if this is the first time August applicants have been processed. Sean, Spav and I were all August applicants. You applied 4 days before I did. Yet they added me to the FBR on November 28th 2018, while they have not even processed yours. No explanation has ever been given for such differences or for this apparent long pause in processing.

Despite that, it does appear that things are drawing to a conclusion for all those that applied in August. Amcbamcb and Michael have both been added recently and it looks like the next month will see many of the others on the FBR - if not quite yet in receipt of their certificates.

As Court indicated, you were fortunate to get through on the phone. I tried and failed many times.
I've been sitting on my hands with eager anticipation since Michael received his email! My application was confirmed received a couple days after his... no word yet, hoping any day! So glad to have this board, it has made the wait much more tolerable!

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:06 pm

Jacqui309 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:19 pm
13 months today I received the email saying they had received my application. In October they first looked at it and asked for some clarification. Over the next 2 months they asked for more clarification. These were things like my grandma had O’ on some certificates and not others. Worth mentioning something like that on your application if there is anything not 100% clear. Also the doctor who signed my passport copy as witness did not have a stamp or card as he is the Medical Director of a hospital trust. He gave his GMC registration but had to email them direct from his NHS email account. Hopefully I will get a response soon. All questions were via email and responded to immediately.
Based on your experience with the clarifications, I would offer the following advice to people who intend to submit new applications:

1) If there are obvious discrepancies on the BDM certificates that you intend to submit, for example one certificate lists a date of birth as being April 22nd while all the others say April 25th) then contact the records office in the applicable jurisdiction. All of them have corrections departments who routinely deal with these situations. The document set can be corrected fairly easily so that everything adds up. I did this with the Scottish records office prior to my own application. It took under a week. You can then order new certificates which feature the corrections.

2) Submit a statutory declaration explaining the corrections that have been made to the records and any further discrepancies that remain uncorrected. General background on your case could also be included to give a clearer picture of your application. This will avoid the FBR section contacting people later and requesting clarifications. This could also include things like explaining the absence of a marriage certificate in the event that an applicant was born to unmarried parents.

3) The best witness is a notary public / commissioner of oaths. They are absolutely guaranteed to have a stamp.

As for your case, I really feel for you. To have been waiting so long must be really difficult. At least there are now signs of progress. Hopefully, you will hear something soon.

rdslight
Newly Registered

Post by rdslight » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:41 am

Hi, I had multiple discrepancies with dates of birth for my Irish Grandmother. Essentially the reason was to hide her real age from my Grandfather. Rather than wait to be asked for further documentation I submitted an affidavit to this effect with the original application. I wasn’t asked for any further clarification before being added to the FBR.

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:33 pm

rdslight wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:41 am
Hi, I had multiple discrepancies with dates of birth for my Irish Grandmother. Essentially the reason was to hide her real age from my Grandfather. Rather than wait to be asked for further documentation I submitted an affidavit to this effect with the original application. I wasn’t asked for any further clarification before being added to the FBR.
Submitting an affidavit / statutory declaration on its own may well be enough to pass muster. However, the agent I worked with advised me that if I wanted to be 100% certain that there would be no issues then pursuing official corrections via the relevant records office should be the primary step. I also liked the idea of correcting all the family records. Someone in the future might appreciate it when they come to research their own ancestry. The corrections service was free of charge and quite swift.

Laurie9434

Post by Laurie9434 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:26 am

Michael123 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:14 pm
Laurie9434 wrote:
Michael123 wrote:
Michael

Laurie
Yes, last Friday. 2 weeks before my 10th month.

Congratulations!! That’s awesome!!

FlyingMum

Post by FlyingMum » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:37 am

I apologise if this question about FBR has been asked before, but I couldn’t find an answer.

How long has the applicant got to submit printed application form and supporting documentation after completing the online form? My son is overseas but will be visiting the U.K. in mid July. I’m hoping that the birth certificates we have applied for will be delivered by then, but just in case, I was wondering if it’s worth him doing the form, printing it off, signing it and leaving it with me to attach and post when everything is in place?

Many thanks.

Pumps100

Post by Pumps100 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:49 pm

FlyingMum wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:37 am
I apologise if this question about FBR has been asked before, but I couldn’t find an answer.

How long has the applicant got to submit printed application form and supporting documentation after completing the online form? My son is overseas but will be visiting the U.K. in mid July. I’m hoping that the birth certificates we have applied for will be delivered by then, but just in case, I was wondering if it’s worth him doing the form, printing it off, signing it and leaving it with me to attach and post when everything is in place?

Many thanks.
You are a good mum! It does not take very long to get copies of the certs if you are missing any. I personally think it would be easier to wait until he's back in July and do it then. Also I think you have more chance of getting the application witnessed and done correctly if you do it like this. The online application is, in my opinion, more logical and easier to follow than the guidance notes.

Others may have a different opinion.

Ian

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:57 pm

FlyingMum wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:37 am
In the old thread there were definitely some people who waited about a month between completion of the online application and submission of the physical form. To be honest, I don't think it will be an issue at all even if you wait longer than that. The online application has no effect until its physical counterpart arrives with the DFA and processing starts. The date that the online form is filled out does not appear to be relevant to the process. Certainly, I have not heard anyone raise any issues connected to this previously. Of course, waiting 6 months or a year between the events might push the envelope, but a month or so is not going to be a problem.

rnc312
United States of America

Post by rnc312 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:53 am

rnc312 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:30 pm
FlyingMum wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:17 am
rnc312 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:54 pm
FlyingMum wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:15 pm

The GRO were very helpful and sent me a link so I could download the two forms. I’m trying to post that link on here to see if I can help, but haven’t had much success so far!
Finally received a reply email from the GRO Late Registration Section along with Form B1 L Interested Party and CRA 12(L) No Qualified Informant application form. :D

We are able to furnish everything listed on Form B1 L but I'm not sure how to go about satisfying Item 6:

"Confirmation in writing that no older siblings of the person being registered are in a position to apply to register the birth."

Any ideas on how this should be presented and by whom? And, wouldn't such a statement of confirmation or proof need to be witnessed or notarised?

Jaxx22
Finland

Post by Jaxx22 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:00 am

I don't think there is really any time limit for sending the documents after submitting the form online, they won't do anything with it until they receive the documents anyway.

So I am guessing that is isn't easy to get through to DFA from the posts, I will make sure I have tea and biscuits nearby while I try to get through to change address!

I have still not heard anything from either embassy or DFA so nothing to report from me until I speak to someone and then I will find out if they have the documents but I am expecting to be told that they haven't even looked at them.

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:04 pm

Update:

Called today, in hold for 10 mins..

Nice lady informed me that my certificate was printed yesterday, going in mail tomorrow or Monday. Seems as I might have it before July 4th..

Got my congratulations email the day before my Irish born grandmother’s birthday and if my certificate arrives on July 3, that will be the day before my mother’s birthday!

Lee2521
Ireland

Post by Lee2521 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:15 pm

Congrats Michael,
Not long now after waiting all that time 8)
Have a pint Guinness to celebrate,,

The phone line is a bit hit or miss sometimes but I still think we should try to avoid Monday's or Friday's as these days are normally the busiest but one Wednesday I got through a couple of times.

Jaxx
I agree with you about the time between the DFA receiving the online application and the FBR application being received in Co.Dublin not being a problem. I applied online 5 weeks before the DFA received my posted application. But like Sulla said if it was a long time of 6 months to 1 year then that would be pushing it.

My story so far

Online application : 28/12/18
FBR application received : 06/02/19

Talking of under estimates with the DFA stating 6 months to process applications and complex cases of 12 months. I remember when I applied for the Codice Fiscale (Italian tax code) the estimate was 6 weeks but it was nearly 6 months to receive the e-mail with the code attached via the Italian consulate or embassy London

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:10 pm

Michael123 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:04 pm
Update:

Called today, in hold for 10 mins..

Nice lady informed me that my certificate was printed yesterday, going in mail tomorrow or Monday. Seems as I might have it before July 4th..

Got my congratulations email the day before my Irish born grandmother’s birthday and if my certificate arrives on July 3, that will be the day before my mother’s birthday!
Mine was printed on the March 8th and I received it on March 25th. You are probably looking at about 2 weeks before it arrives. There seems to be a bit of a lag between the printing and postage. Either that or they use slow international postage services. I am not in a position to know as all my stuff went to the embassy and was unpacked prior to collection. Anyway, not all that long to wait now. At least you have the certainty of knowing that it is very much in the post.

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:31 pm

Based on past experiences, certified email from Dublin arrives in the USA the day after it is mailed and generally takes 4-9 days for US postal to deliver. Would love to see it before the 4th of July as it is a holiday and my mothers bday.

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:23 pm

My FBR certificate has reached the USA!
Attachments
6A735096-9845-4FBF-A4EE-3D203505C496.png
6A735096-9845-4FBF-A4EE-3D203505C496.png (260.95 KiB) Viewed 1454 times

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:34 pm

Ireland tracking:
Attachments
DF936BEC-7C32-4C0E-8575-ED11482F7F04.jpeg
DF936BEC-7C32-4C0E-8575-ED11482F7F04.jpeg (148.25 KiB) Viewed 1454 times

Mori68
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mori68 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:48 pm

Anyone else got updates on their FBR application ?

I’m nearly at 8 months (applied early Nov 18).

Any Sept/Oct 2018 applicants getting approval yet???

rdslight
Newly Registered

Post by rdslight » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:16 pm

Sulla wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:33 pm
rdslight wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:41 am
Submitting an affidavit / statutory declaration on its own may well be enough to pass muster. However, the agent I worked with advised me that if I wanted to be 100% certain that there would be no issues then pursuing official corrections via the relevant records office should be the primary step. I also liked the idea of correcting all the family records. Someone in the future might appreciate it when they come to research their own ancestry. The corrections service was free of charge and quite swift.
Yep, with you on that one. Never realised you could. I have a baptismal certificate that I know to be correct and am now looking at correcting all the other records.

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:18 pm

Mori68 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:48 pm
Anyone else got updates on their FBR application ?

I’m nearly at 8 months (applied early Nov 18).

Any Sept/Oct 2018 applicants getting approval yet???
It seems as they are randomly processing Aug applications.