ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS / NHS

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lancearchon
Newly Registered

IHS / NHS

Post by lancearchon » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm

Hi Good afternoon,

My wife has recently moved to the UK, I am trying to sign her up with my local GP, but they keep asking for her NHS number, which I have told them we do not have that, I have explained as part of her VISA application I had to pay an IHS charge which covers her for 3 years, but they are not accepting this, has anyone else had similar problems with this? and if so how you dealt with it, I have been googling for a contact number for IHS to speak to them but I have had no luck.

Thanks

Lance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS / NHS

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:50 pm

By registering her as newly arrived in the UK, it will generate an NHS number once the it has been processed.

She does not need to apply for an NHS number first.

IHS payment for visa purposes is a completely separate issue and has nothing to do with the process to register at the GP. Trying to contact IHS is pointless.

Ask to speak to the Practice Manager.

Perhaps also remain calm and stop mentioning IHS. The admin staff likely have no idea what you are talking about. There is a question on the form asking if you are newly arrived in the UK.

You need to submit proof of address, passport and BRP card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lancearchon
Newly Registered

Re: IHS / NHS

Post by lancearchon » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:59 pm

Hi there,

Thank you for the fast response, I will do that.

Cheers :)