ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

documents for passport application after Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kamilla
Russia

documents for passport application after Naturalisation

Post by Kamilla » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:20 pm

Dear Advisors,
sorry for a rather trivial question, but I have to prepare to apply for British passport as soon as possible.
I have recently gotten my application for citizenship through naturalization approved. My ceremony is in a week. So I don't yet have my certificate yet.

I will have to travel rather soon, so have started preparing other documents for the application for passport. On GOV.UK they give a list of documents required, which includes my passport, translated and certified Birth certificates, parent's birth certificates, parent's passports, etc. Some of those seems to be completely irrelevant, as my parents have nothing to do with the UK.
Which documents will I really have to provide?
I need to somehow get the originals from the country of birth right now, so that I can apply for passport right after the ceremony.
Looking forward to your reply.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: documents for passport application after Naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:30 pm

All that is required, in original, is your
- Certificate of Naturalisation
- Uncancelled Passport(s)
The form caters for all scenarios.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Kamilla
Russia

Post by Kamilla » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:54 pm

Thank you very much indeed! :D

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:32 pm

They currently also request the passport you first entered the UK with. Note that it takes 2-3 weeks to get your British passport and supporting documents.