ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport information

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nancy DD
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belgium

Passport information

Post by Nancy DD » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:42 am

Now that I have received my British passport (yay!), confirmed that it is in the right name (yay!), removed the "Remove this label" label and signed it so I can use it, I am left with one question.

In the back, there is a page for [2] emergency contact details, and my question is whether it is acceptable to insert those details by means of a typed/printed label, since my handwriting is pretty appalling and the lines provided are certainly not generous enough for handwriting. I wouldn't want to do anything to render this passport invalid!

(I've become even more careful since one of my FB friends posted a photo of their passport, in which they discovered as they were opening it at the airport, that their toddler had used the main pages for a drawing board...)

Nancy DD
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belgium

Re: Passport information

Post by Nancy DD » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:57 pm

Nancy DD wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:42 am
Now that I have received my British passport (yay!), confirmed that it is in the right name (yay!), removed the "Remove this label" label and signed it so I can use it, I am left with one question.

In the back, there is a page for [2] emergency contact details, and my question is whether it is acceptable to insert those details by means of a typed/printed label, since my handwriting is pretty appalling and the lines provided are certainly not generous enough for handwriting. I wouldn't want to do anything to render this passport invalid!

(I've become even more careful since one of my FB friends posted a photo of their passport, in which they discovered as they were opening it at the airport, that their toddler had used the main pages for a drawing board...)
To my surprise, I found that HMPO has a webchat facility, and were extremely helpful. The answer to my question is that inserting a label would be deemed 'damaging the passport', which might result in my not being able to travel with it. So I will have to enter the information very carefully, by hand. Good to know.