ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship application eligibility in May 2019

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

R-graphite
Mood:

Re: British Citizenship application submitted in May

Post by R-graphite » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:32 am

Point 2: It shouldn’t be an issue

Point 1: I personally think it shouldn’t be an issue either as it was a very short employment and people can easily forget about it, if they find it in their records they should assess it as that.

apsk wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:22 am
R-graphite wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:25 pm
Which Visa were you on when you became a director of a company?
apsk wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:40 pm
Hi again Experts,

While waiting for something for me, thinking more i realized following 2 things:
1. After completing my degree, I did work in my University briefly for a week, for which I was paid some £100-£150. Since, I completely forgotten about this while making my application I didnt include that in my form.
2. When I started my full time job after my degree, it was a temporary contracting position, for which I was told to create a Limited company which I did. That company was operational only for 4 months as after 4 months I was offered a permanent role in same company and I accepted it. I had an accountant who took care of my company's formation, accounts, taxes, VAT and then dissolved it later. While he paid corporation tax and VAT due in time, he put my tax code wrong due to which right tax wasnt deducted that time. A year later I got letter from HMRC for underpayment of taxes, and if I remember correctly it was sorted by HMRC by changing my tax code of next year.

My concern/query: Do you anticipate any or both of above as an issue? If so, what action I must take now at this point of my application?

Thanks in advance
PSW (Post Study Work visa) and then switched to Tier 2 G when I accepted permanent position in the same company.
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Re: British Citizenship application eligibility in May 2019

Post by apsk » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:45 am

Thank you for the response. After my wife attended her citizenship ceremony, I am thinking to put a cover letter to Home office explaining above 2 things, declaring my employment in University for couple of days and explaining more about my limited company which did a brief business for 4 months providing services to single client, my current employer. Could you please advise where shall I send the clarification letter to? or just an email to either or both email id's would do?
Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk
nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Approval letter received but no ceremony invitation

Post by apsk » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:34 am

Hi Experts

I got my approval letter on 29th July with date of 25th July. With recent experience of my wife and few of my colleagues applied along with me, they all got ceremony invitation on the same day of approval letter or +/- couple of days. But nothing for me even on 11th day today. I did check with local council and they confirmed back that they have not received my citizenship certificate so they cannot put me on any ceremony hence no invitation. Is there any possibility of certificate being lost in post from Home office to council?

I am not panicking, but the ceremony in my local council is on 22nd Aug and I wouldn't like to miss the boat for it.

Any recent experiences or advice?

Thanks in advance.

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:46 am

Due to some error, your certificate may have been sent to your previous council. (since you moved during the application process) Check with the previous council.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:51 am

joeano353 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:46 am
Due to some error, your certificate may have been sent to your previous council. (since you moved during the application process) Check with the previous council.
I am still with same council, moved locally only. And chased up council they confirmed they didn't get anything on my name. So, there is no chance in address error either.