ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

absence days and remote working during the last year

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adnreika
Russia

absence days and remote working during the last year

Post by adnreika » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:03 pm

Hi,

I on ILR now, and have read that I need to be in country for 90 days (can be 100) during my last year before applying for naturalisation. I am wondering if this is still valid given that my work assumes travelling abroad - can I stay outside longer given the employer can confirm that my trips are work related, for example?

Thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: absence days and remote working during the last year

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:19 pm

All absences are taken into account whether they are for holidays or business - there is some discretion applied by UKVI, as per the guidance https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ooklet.pdf
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Casa

Re: absence days and remote working during the last year

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:37 pm

You can't spend more than 90 days outside of the UK in the 12 month period prior to submitting your BC application. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.