ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

P11D question

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

P11D question

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:40 pm

Hi guys,

I resigned from my previous job recently.

After resignnemt Ive got a P11D letter from my previous employer saying that I received a gift card worth 50 pounds last December that the company gave to all of us as a Christmas present and that they will need to tell HMRC about that as per their obligation.

Do I need to do anything from my side, like contact HMRC and / or pay tax for that gift card or this is something companies cover from their side and P11D is just for my information?

Thanks a lot!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: P11D question

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:45 pm

This isn't an immigration matter. As you already have ILR presumably, you are not quite "newly arrived in the UK" as this sub forum title says.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: P11D question

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:45 pm
This isn't an immigration matter. As you already have ILR presumably, you are notquite "newly arrived in the UK" as this sub forum title says.
Oops my mistake CR001, didn't notice the section! Please feel free to close / move. Sorry again.