ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa issues and my future to stay in UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alfiekwok427
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Visa issues and my future to stay in UK

Post by alfiekwok427 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:27 am

Hi everyone,
I’m from Hong Kong and I’m currently holding Tier 5 Youth mobility visa ( which expires on 07/07/2020). I have an issue as this visa can’t be renewed. I really want to stay in the UK and work in this country, but I don’t have the right to live here as I’m holding British National Overseas passport (I don’t have the right to live in UK and it’s not BC). So I really want to know how can I stay in the UK and what Visa I can use. I don’t think my parents can sponsor me any Tier 1 visas as they are just too expensive. And I have had Tier 4 student visas for 4 years, from Sep 2014-July 2018. Also my girlfriend is a British Citizen. We lived together from Aug 2017-July 2018, however we can’t apply Unmarried spouse Visa cause we didn’t live together for 2 years Continuously. This is my current situation, I’m wondering can anymore help me out as I really don’t want to go back to Hong Kong. I absolutely want to live, work, spend my life in the UK. Many thanks to anyone that can guide me.

OlaSim
Mood:

Re: Visa issues and my future to stay in UK

Post by OlaSim » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:37 am

alfiekwok427 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:27 am
Hi everyone,
I’m from Hong Kong and I’m currently holding Tier 5 Youth mobility visa ( which expires on 07/07/2020). I have an issue as this visa can’t be renewed. I really want to stay in the UK and work in this country, but I don’t have the right to live here as I’m holding British National Overseas passport (I don’t have the right to live in UK and it’s not BC). So I really want to know how can I stay in the UK and what Visa I can use. I don’t think my parents can sponsor me any Tier 1 visas as they are just too expensive. And I have had Tier 4 student visas for 4 years, from Sep 2014-July 2018. Also my girlfriend is a British Citizen. We lived together from Aug 2017-July 2018, however we can’t apply Unmarried spouse Visa cause we didn’t live together for 2 years Continuously. This is my current situation, I’m wondering can anymore help me out as I really don’t want to go back to Hong Kong. I absolutely want to live, work, spend my life in the UK. Many thanks to anyone that can guide me.
You posted this elsewhere yesterday and someone advised you of other options you could try.
If I were you I would be careful of starting topics all over the place on this forum because a few of the moderators won’t take lightly you doing so.
Just my two pence.