ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

divyeshr
Newly Registered
India

Switching from Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 4

Post by divyeshr » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:41 pm

Hi Friends,
My wife is currently with Tier2 (ICT) dependent visa and she got admission in MSC Health Management(Full time) - 1 year course. Can you please help me to find answers for below

1. Is it possible to switch the current visa to tier 4 from UK without going to home country.
2. For 1 year course what is the maximum stay back period (Total visa validity)
3. Once my Visa got expire (tier2 ICT long term), Can I switch to tier 4 dependent visa without going back to home country

Thanks in advance

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Switching from Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 4

Post by sah10406 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:50 am

divyeshr wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:41 pm
1. Is it possible to switch the current visa to tier 4 from UK without going to home country.
No. See https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/ ... -this-visa
divyeshr wrote:
2. For 1 year course what is the maximum stay back period (Total visa validity)
See the Tier 4 policy guidance, paragraph 287: "Length of time a Tier 4 (General) Student can come to the UK for".
divyeshr wrote:
3. Once my Visa got expire (tier2 ICT long term), Can I switch to tier 4 dependent visa without going back to home country
It depends. See paragraph 195 of the same guidance, "Ability to bring dependants (partners,
parents or children)"

Tier 4 policy guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -4-student
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.