ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Russian mother with Bulgarian Permanent resident card (but not Bulgarian citizen)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Emona93
Newly Registered

Russian mother with Bulgarian Permanent resident card (but not Bulgarian citizen)

Post by Emona93 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:19 pm

Hi there,

I hope all is well and I highly appreciate any response I receive in my query.
The latter is the following: my mother is Russian national and my farther - Bulgarian, they are married so she holds a Bulgarian permanent resident card, but not the citizenship. I'm Bulgarian myself and hold the UK settled status as I've been living in the country for 5+ years. Is there a way for my mother to work in the UK and what documents she will need in order to do so?

I've tried being as concise as possible, but hope it all makes sense.

Any help and advice are highly appreciated:).

Kind Regards,
Emona

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Russian mother with Bulgarian Permanent resident card (but not Bulgarian citizen)

Post by physicskate » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:55 pm

Would your father be coming as well? She would qualify under EU rules.

Is she dependent on you?

If she comes without him, she will likely need to qualify under UK rules in her own right.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Russian mother with Bulgarian Permanent resident card (but not Bulgarian citizen)

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:12 pm

Bulgaria is EEA.

As your father is Bulgarian and you mum has a permanent residence card there, there are options for her to come to the UK if your father moves in with her.

However, these EEA routes are probably closing soon due to the Brexit. So unless they make a move next week...