ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh Ruote EU Settlement Scheme

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Surinder Singh Ruote EU Settlement Scheme

Post by kunfayakun » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:59 am

Hey everyone, Hope you all keeping well,

I need some advice from you guys, basically we are planning to apply for the eu settlement scheme under surinder singh route however we are not sure when to apply, because we came to the UK in November 2014 but we received the Residence card on November 2017 after we won the appeal, when do you think is good to apply for settle status?
The continuous 5 years residency start from the day we arrive or from the residence card issued date?

Appreciate any advice on this.

Thank you
Regards
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Re: Surinder Singh Ruote EU Settlement Scheme

Post by ljdebenedictis » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:20 am

kunfayakun wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:59 am
Hey everyone, Hope you all keeping well,

I need some advice from you guys, basically we are planning to apply for the eu settlement scheme under surinder singh route however we are not sure when to apply, because we came to the UK in November 2014 but we received the Residence card on November 2017 after we won the appeal, when do you think is good to apply for settle status?
The continuous 5 years residency start from the day we arrive or from the residence card issued date?

Appreciate any advice on this.

Thank you
Regards
Hello.
As far as I understand, it starts from the day you enter uk with/joined your EU/EEA family member eg I arrived in June 2014 (holding family permit), received my residence card in January 2014, I now eligible for settled status because in last June, I’ve been in UK for 5 years.

I could be wrong, I’m sure one of the knowledgeable moderators or members will reply to you soon. 😊

kunfayakun
Member of Standing

Re: Surinder Singh Ruote EU Settlement Scheme

Post by kunfayakun » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:03 pm

Hi yes you are right, I read it somewhere else’s and it states the same thing so I believe I can apply for it in November, only issue is that we came without family permit.
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun