ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from 10years route to 5years route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Darasimidd

Switching from 10years route to 5years route

Post by Darasimidd » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:16 pm

Hi all,
Could you please help me with some advise?
I am presently on 2.5years 10 year route. I'm due for renewal and I want to know if I can switch to 5 years. My daughter is a British citizen her dad does not want to be in her life. I am her carer and getting carers allowance because she gets dla. Can I switch to 5 years because I'm In receipt of carers allowance and will it affect my daughter disability living allowance?

Garry20g

Re: Switching from 10years route to 5years route

Post by Garry20g » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:06 pm

Hi. I just want to know what is written on your brp card. My mean is "no recourse to public funds " or you do not have any limit. How you get your Visa as a single parent or you separate after it

Darasimidd

Post by Darasimidd » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:56 pm

I have recourse to public funds because my daughter is British.

Garry20g

Post by Garry20g » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:33 pm

Hi. I know your daughter is British. I just want to know what is written on your brp card. Please don't take it wrong way. Because someone have a similar case like you. And are you sole responsible of your daughter. And do you got partner route or parent route Visa. I hope you do not mind to tell me these

Darasimidd

Post by Darasimidd » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:55 pm

I didn't mean to sound rude so sorry. I thought you wanted to know if no recourse to public funds is written at back of my biometric card. I'm my daughter sole carer and he dad does not want to see her. It's a leave to remain 2.5 year under 10 year route. I got a parent route discretionary leave to remain.

Darasimidd

Post by Darasimidd » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:19 pm

Garry20g wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:33 pm
Hi. I know your daughter is British. I just want to know what is written on your brp card. Please don't take it wrong way. Because someone have a similar case like you. And are you sole responsible of your daughter. And do you got partner route or parent route Visa. I hope you do not mind to tell me these