ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working for uk company overseas

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mikesmithgz
Newly Registered

Working for uk company overseas

Post by mikesmithgz » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:36 am

Advice please . My wife is one year in on a family visa and we are in uk . She has been offered a job by a uk company but would be based in china as an overseas rep for the uk . How would this affect her ilr visa status please . She is reluctant to accept the offer if it means loss of visa essentially not being in the uk the required amount of time for the process of application

Many thanks

Graham Weifang
Mood:
China

Re: Working for uk company overseas

Post by Graham Weifang » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:08 pm

Don't take the position.
UK citizenship is more important

GW

zimba
Mood:

Re: Working for uk company overseas

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:36 pm

mikesmithgz wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:36 am
Advice please . My wife is one year in on a family visa and we are in uk . She has been offered a job by a uk company but would be based in china as an overseas rep for the uk . How would this affect her ilr visa status please . She is reluctant to accept the offer if it means loss of visa essentially not being in the uk the required amount of time for the process of application

Many thanks
SET(M) has no absence limit however you must provide cohabitation evidence in the UK for ILR.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice