ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change name on brp processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Garry20g

Change name on brp processing time

Post by Garry20g » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:01 pm

Hi. I recently got 2.5 years Visa. Unfortunately my name on my brp card and on my passport is different. I did not had passport when I applied for Visa. Now my Indian embassy refusing to give me passport with same name as on brp. So I can not travel because brp card name do not match with passport name. So only option for me is to change name on brp card. So please give me advice what I can do.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Change name on brp processing time

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:46 pm

Garry20g wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:01 pm
Hi. I recently got 2.5 years Visa. Unfortunately my name on my brp card and on my passport is different. I did not had passport when I applied for Visa. Now my Indian embassy refusing to give me passport with same name as on brp. So I can not travel because brp card name do not match with passport name. So only option for me is to change name on brp card. So please give me advice what I can do.
Different means that you think there is a name error on your BRP. If yes then report them

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... rt-problem
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Garry20g

Post by Garry20g » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:08 pm

Hi. Thanks for your reply. It is not mistake from home office. It is silly mistake by me. I never think it could be so hard after to change name on Indian passport.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:24 pm

Garry20g wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:08 pm
Hi. Thanks for your reply. It is not mistake from home office. It is silly mistake by me. I never think it could be so hard after to change name on Indian passport.
Unless you have officially changed your name or adopted the married name and you have the required paperwork like deedpoll/marriage certificate the passport authority will never change your name on passport. Maybe you also have to clarify/justify that why have you given the wrong name to UKVI and now attempting to get the passport in same different name.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Garry20g

Post by Garry20g » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:02 pm

Hi. Thanks for reply. Actually I came in UK 1994 and I got caughted by immigration police in 2006 because I was scare that they might deport me back to India so I give wrong name. Than this name be my real identity slowly. I did not know that one day this will be my big problem.

Garry20g

Post by Garry20g » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:10 pm

I legally try to change my name on Indian passport. I did all other formality such as deed pool, news paper publish in UK and India, deed pool in india as well. Indian embassy accept my application but after 3 month they refused to issue passport unless I give them 2 government I'd (Indian) in new name. It is impossible to give because I never been to India for a long time.
Please help me because I want to travel after a long time otherwise this brp card is useless to me.
Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:23 am

In old golden days before the launch of biometrics a lot of people used to do that and the same plus other abuse led towards the closure of ILR route by 14 years of illegal living. You can even be charged with deception and can loose that BRP. Also your BRP without valid passport won't work anywhere not just travelling alone.

Garry20g

Post by Garry20g » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:47 pm

Hi. What you saying is all true but how I can solve this problem.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:27 pm

Garry20g wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:47 pm
Hi. What you saying is all true but how I can solve this problem.
There is no solution because of zero tolerance policy over it.

Garry20g

Post by Garry20g » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:55 pm

Hi. Anybody else have any idea.