ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Monz
Wales

Re: FLR(FP) Application time

Post by Monz » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:31 pm

Auk333 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:53 pm
Monz wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:45 pm
Can’t wait to tell my good news to all of u .appeal on upper tribunal has been accepted today. .3 years of battle at last ended .we are so happy Alhamdullilah.
That’s very good news.
If your permission accept it or they set aside first tier decision ?
Home office accepted in upper tribunal tht it was a error by a first appeal judge as our child meet law 1 spent 8 years here other jus turn 7 .so when home office didn’t argue and allowed from their side judge after seeing more evidence gave descision allowed same day .now waiting for brp and written descision letter .we still can’t belive as other solicitors was advising to put fresh application and withdraw this appeal .but our solicitor was really professional and experienced he wanted us to fight and don’t give up .
.can anyone guide how long does it take for passport n brp to arrive .

Everythingworksout
Nigeria

Post by Everythingworksout » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:45 pm

Na wa o! These people are really stressing one out. Please let me know when you receive your passport back, I will do the same as well.

and thank you! I hope you get one soon too.

I was thinking of applying for a schengen this week so I can take my family away for a weekend, But with the delay of receiving passports back I don't know when that will be.
Eledumare wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:07 pm
hahaha I know exactly what you mean. It's an amazing feeling. Ohh that was quick you already have a job well done.

I'm still waiting for my passport its been more than 2 weeks. That BRP card is like gold :D hopefully they send your decision letter and passport soon

Everythingworksout wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:38 pm
Thank you! It’s been brilliant started my new job already.

Still waiting for my passport tho and decision letter. It’s weird they only sent the BRP 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️. Nonetheless I’m super happy. I couldn’t sleep for the first 3 days 😂😂
Eledumare wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:19 pm
aww massive congratulations. Enjoy your well deserved freedom
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:04 pm
I’ve waited for so long to post my timeline like everyone else. First off I’d like to thank you all for sharing your stories.

Reading your stories was what kept me going. I know since I made my application I check this forum almost everyday. Thank you all.

Here’s my timeline

Application Date: 21/09/2018
biometrics : 17/10/2018
Application Payment failed:8/11/2018
Sent Postal Order + IHS = 13/11/2018
Decision - 12/03/2019 - Refused.
Appeal - 25/3/2019
Appeal acknowledged - 4/4/2019
Appeal Hearing Date - 28/06/2019
Appeal Allowed - 12/07/2019
Letter from court confirming Allow -22/07/19
Fee refunded: 5/8/2019
PDCU - Implementation letter - 13/08/2019
BRP received - 28/08/2019

For all those waiting, don’t give up!

Auk333
Pakistan

Post by Auk333 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:52 am

Monz wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:31 pm
Auk333 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:53 pm
Monz wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:45 pm
Can’t wait to tell my good news to all of u .appeal on upper tribunal has been accepted today. .3 years of battle at last ended .we are so happy Alhamdullilah.
That’s very good news.
If your permission accept it or they set aside first tier decision ?
Home office accepted in upper tribunal tht it was a error by a first appeal judge as our child meet law 1 spent 8 years here other jus turn 7 .so when home office didn’t argue and allowed from their side judge after seeing more evidence gave descision allowed same day .now waiting for brp and written descision letter .we still can’t belive as other solicitors was advising to put fresh application and withdraw this appeal .but our solicitor was really professional and experienced he wanted us to fight and don’t give up .
.can anyone guide how long does it take for passport n brp to arrive .
That’s very good your contest your case till to the last.
It save you lots of money too and also the time you spent on this case.
Well I think it shouldn’t be longer now for brp it will take round about 1-2 months in total or maybe quickler

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:38 pm

Na serious wa for them.. I know I wanted to take my son to Paris and get Schengen Visa also but with this delay now I have to wait for them until they are ready.

Who knows u might even receive your passport before. A nice weekend away will be very lovely. I'll be sure to let you when I receive my passport. :D
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:45 pm
Na wa o! These people are really stressing one out. Please let me know when you receive your passport back, I will do the same as well.

I was thinking of applying for a schengen this week so I can take my family away for a weekend, But with the delay of receiving passports back I don't know when that will be.
Eledumare wrote:
hahaha I know exactly what you mean. It's an amazing feeling. Ohh that was quick you already have a job well done.

I'm still waiting for my passport its been more than 2 weeks. That BRP card is like gold :D hopefully they send your decision letter and passport soon

Still waiting for my passport tho and decision letter. It’s weird they only sent the BRP 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️. Nonetheless I’m super happy. I couldn’t sleep for the first 3 days 😂😂
Eledumare wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:19 pm
aww massive congratulations. Enjoy your well deserved freedom

Wow08
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Post by Wow08 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:22 pm

Hello everyone I been a silent reader of this post for how many months now. This time I'm posting to share my good news! Well thanks to God.
We been granted a stay we applied for 7 years child our daughter is already 8. It took us so long to save money for the application and because we want a quick respond we added 800 on the top of home office fee and ihs per person. And thanks God we manage to get the money we need.!
*I applied super priority flrfp application aug 15 2019 thursday at croydon lunar house
*received a good news tuesday aug 20. Decision was made aug 19 but date received by my solicitor aug 20. We been granted 30 months stay me my partner and kids. Older one is 8 years old.
*aug 23 friday received a letter from home office that because they didnt respond within 24 hours as I apply through super prioty they are refunding each person 800 pounds!🙌🙌

Now we are just waiting for the refund and our passport.... and our happy journey begins!
Document submitted they just scan this on our appointment date
# birth certificate
# school letter saying shes been attending school since nursery
# friends and family letter including photocopy of their passport
# Gp letter saying how long my daughter been register
# we sent copy of attendance from stay and play children centre
# school report every year starting nursery
# proof of address old and new address
# we brought the family and school photos they didnt take it they said now a days they dont get the photo anymore as it will not affect their decision
And lastly
They took our passport they ask us to sign that they are taking those passport.
We did biometric that day too..
Then we waited from 130pm to 430pm because of those documents scanning took so long were just there by the cafeteria waiting for our number to be called. Everything is a good experience even security at lunar house are all very friendly. I can advise if you can save money go for super priorty service than by post application save you of waiting months even years.
Wish you all good luck Too.

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:44 pm

Aww Congratulations Wow08, super happy for your family. Aww welcome to the land of freedom. Amazing. As I always say enjoy your freedom.

To everyone still waiting on a decision I’m praying that is it positive news in Jesus Name :D

Wow08 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:22 pm
Hello everyone I been a silent reader of this post for how many months now. This time I'm posting to share my good news! Well thanks to God.
We been granted a stay we applied for 7 years child our daughter is already 8. It took us so long to save money for the application and because we want a quick respond we added 800 on the top of home office fee and ihs per person. And thanks God we manage to get the money we need.!
*I applied super priority flrfp application aug 15 2019 thursday at croydon lunar house
*received a good news tuesday aug 20. Decision was made aug 19 but date received by my solicitor aug 20. We been granted 30 months stay me my partner and kids. Older one is 8 years old.
*aug 23 friday received a letter from home office that because they didnt respond within 24 hours as I apply through super prioty they are refunding each person 800 pounds!🙌🙌

Now we are just waiting for the refund and our passport.... and our happy journey begins!
# birth certificate
# we brought the family and school photos they didnt take it they said now a days they dont get the photo anymore as it will not affect their decision
And lastly
Then we waited from 130pm to 430pm because of those documents scanning took so long were just there by the cafeteria waiting for our number to be called. Everything is a good experience even security at lunar house are all very friendly. I can advise if you can save money go for super priorty service than by post application save you of waiting months even years.

jojom
Newly Registered

Post by jojom » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:24 am

Wow08 wrote:

# birth certificate
And lastly
GREAT TO HERE THAT
can I ask you what sort of letter is ( friends and family letter including photocopy of their passport)
what exactly you should write in this ?

are these the only document required ?

any advice would be great

did you apply yourself or with a solicitor ?

regards,

Wow08
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Post by Wow08 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:27 am

jojom wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:24 am
Wow08 wrote:

# birth certificate
And lastly
GREAT TO HERE THAT
can I ask you what sort of letter is ( friends and family letter including photocopy of their passport)

regards,

Wow08
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Post by Wow08 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:28 am

jojom wrote:
Wow08 wrote:

# birth certificate
And lastly
GREAT TO HERE THAT

regards,
Hello yes we've use solicitor.
Friends letter saying why they dont want you and your family to leave and how long they know you, if they can also say that they know you in church helping in the community or helping in school activities it is also good because it shows how you integrate in the community, they should also write their email address and mobile number incase home office want to contact them. In our case they dont contact any of them. And photo copy of the front page of their passport.
The kids friends too can I write a letter saying how it's going to affect them if your son or daughter leave. And the copy of their passport too.
Your child letter address to home office saying why they wanted to stay.
Hope it helps. GOOD LUCK. AND GOD BLESS

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:43 pm

Congratulations!

Wow08 wrote:

# birth certificate
And lastly

Darasimidd

Post by Darasimidd » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:49 am

Hi everyone, congratulations to everyone that just received the good news and all the best to everyone waiting. I need some advise in case someone has been in my situation in the past.
I am on my first 2.5years leave to remain as a parent under 10 years route. I am a single parent and I have a British child that has learning disabilities and I receive carer allowance as her carer.
My question is can I switch to 5 years route without meeting the requirements because I cannot work due to my child's needs. Will I be exempt because I am in receipt of carers? If yes, will it result in me having no recourse to public funds?
Thanks for taking your time to read my post, I look forward to response.

Auk333
Pakistan

Post by Auk333 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:15 am

Darasimidd wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:49 am
Hi everyone, congratulations to everyone that just received the good news and all the best to everyone waiting. I need some advise in case someone has been in my situation in the past.
I am on my first 2.5years leave to remain as a parent under 10 years route. I am a single parent and I have a British child that has learning disabilities and I receive carer allowance as her carer.
My question is can I switch to 5 years route without meeting the requirements because I cannot work due to my child's needs. Will I be exempt because I am in receipt of carers? If yes, will it result in me having no recourse to public funds?
Thanks for taking your time to read my post, I look forward to response.
You should go to some competent person and also I think if you do English test you can meet the requirements
Thank you

Garry20g

Post by Garry20g » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:54 am

Hi. Darasimidh,
I think you need to pass English test and you can change to 5 years route but it will start from now. So in total 7.5 years after you can apply for indefinite.

Darasimidd

Post by Darasimidd » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:38 pm

Garry20g wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:54 am
Hi. Darasimidh,
I think you need to pass English tes
t and you can change to 5 years route but it will start from now. So in total 7.5 years after you can apply for indefinite.
Omg thanks everyone for the response. I know I will
do English test but my concern really is if I will be exempted from the financial requirements and if I will still have recourse to public funds. I will seek professional help.

Monz
Wales

Post by Monz » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:29 pm

Darasimidd wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:38 pm
[quote=Garry20g post_id=<a href="tel:1822738">1822738</a> time=<a href="tel:1567857245">1567857245</a> user_id=204099]
Hi. Darasimidh,
I think you need to pass English tes
t and you can change to 5 years route but it will start from now. So in total 7.5 years after you can apply for indefinite.
Omg thanks everyone for the response. I know I will
do English test but my concern really is if I will be exempted from the financial requirements and if I will still have recourse to public funds. I will seek professional help.
[/quote]
One of my friend have done this she was on 10 year route but her husband passed away and she had no financial help , she was homeless went to social care got temporary accommodation , she hired council solicitor to open her public funds and got approval . She got this recourse to public funds removed from her brp card and now she getting rent as well as benefits .but she is still on 10 year routine one of her child is British as well .if tht helps u .

jojom
Newly Registered

Post by jojom » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:37 pm

Wow08 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:28 am
jojom wrote:
Wow08 wrote:

# birth certificate
And lastly
GREAT TO HERE THAT

regards,
Hello yes we've use solicitor.
Friends letter saying why they dont want you and your family to leave and how long they know you, if they can also say that they know you in church helping in the community or helping in school activities it is also good because it shows how you integrate in the community, they should also write their email address and mobile number incase home office want to contact them. In our case they dont contact any of them. And photo copy of the front page of their passport.
The kids friends too can I write a letter saying how it's going to affect them if your son or daughter leave. And the copy of their passport too.
Your child letter address to home office saying why they wanted to stay.
Hope it helps. GOOD LUCK. AND GOD BLESS
Thanks alot for your useful information, is there any way where i can talk to you or get sample letter without any name ( just to see how it was written) and i can show the ppl I require letter from them ? As the home office are very demanding and i have seen many people under 7 years route got refused

I have 3 children and I don’t want to risk all the money
I really appreciate your support

Garry20g

Post by Garry20g » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:06 pm

Hi darasimid,
I think you are exempt from financial target and you can claim benefits after on 5 years route as well

Darasimidd

Post by Darasimidd » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:18 pm

One of my friend have done this she was on 10 year route but her husband passed away and she had no financial help , she was homeless went to social care got temporary accommodation , she hired council solicitor to open her public funds and got approval . She got this recourse to public funds removed from her brp card and now she getting rent as well as benefits .but she is still on 10 year routine one of her child is British as well .if tht helps u .
[/quote]

I was in same situation when I got my leave to remain but a charity organisation in my area helped me apply for no recourse to public funds be removed from my BRP.
Thanks for your response

jojom
Newly Registered

Post by jojom » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:38 pm

Darasimidd wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:18 pm
I was in same situation when I got my leave to remain but a charity organisation in my area helped me apply for no recourse to public funds be removed from my BRP.

Would that impact later on when applying for settlement? If u get fund now?
Thanks for your response
[/quote]

Monz
Wales

Post by Monz » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:50 pm

jojom wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:38 pm
Darasimidd wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:18 pm

Thanks for your response
[/quote]
Don’t think it will effect as my frnd had her last extension recently on 10 year .she got her allowance after just first visa .but it’s not easy to get funds allowed she had a long and stressful experience .she even spent few nights in park with her kids to make her case strong .

Darasimidd

Post by Darasimidd » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:51 pm

Thanks for your response
[/quote]

I don't think so because I got it so that my child can assess all the support she need for her development. She needed to get some support that she wouldn't be able to get if I don't get recourse to public funds, even though she is British. If I have to work, government will have to pay a carer to cater for the child. I don't think it will have any effect when applying for settlement. I had to quit my job last year to look after her

Everythingworksout
Nigeria

Post by Everythingworksout » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:52 am

Any word yet ?

I’m tired of waiting o
Eledumare wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:38 pm
Na serious wa for them.. I know I wanted to take my son to Paris and get Schengen Visa also but with this delay now I have to wait for them until they are ready.

Who knows u might even receive your passport before. A nice weekend away will be very lovely. I'll be sure to let you when I receive my passport. :D
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:45 pm

Eledumare wrote:

Auk333
Pakistan

Post by Auk333 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:54 pm

Hello everyone I am sure every one might follow my stories.
Thanks to the all member who gave courage to all hopeless people like me but never lose your hope

Court day today went to the court I was in floating list but in the last one judge heard our case and allowed my appeal on the spot
Flr fp married partner prays
Submitted 15/10/2018
Refused 11/06/2019
Appeal submitted in 14 days and in July we got hearing date.
My experience is in all this journey bad representation will make every thing worst.please if you feel representation must change so don’t delay and pay a little bit more and got to goood lawyer

Everythingworksout
Nigeria

Post by Everythingworksout » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:18 pm

Auk333 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:54 pm
Thanks to the all member who gave courage to all hopeless people like me but never lose your hope

Court day today went to the court I was in floating list but in the last one judge heard our case and allowed my appeal on the spot
Submitted 15/10/2018
Refused 11/06/2019
My experience is in all this journey bad representation will make every thing worst.please if you feel representation must change so don’t delay and pay a little bit more and got to goood lawyer
Congratulations Mate! the wait is finally over!

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:23 pm

Auk333 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:54 pm

Submitted 15/10/2018
Refused 11/06/2019
So happy for you. Was worried for you. Great to hear. Congratulations