ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I keep my EU3 Permanent Residence status after separation?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

manny24
Newly Registered
Ireland

Can I keep my EU3 Permanent Residence status after separation?

Post by manny24 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:25 pm

Hi all,

I am non-EU national married to EU national for the past 9 years, the last 7 years we have been living here in Ireland. We are both full time employed and we have 2 children both born in Ireland.

I am currently holding permanent residence card applied through EU3 form (after 5 years of stamp 4 EUFam).
Our marriage is going through difficult and separation looks to be the next option.
My question is, will I be able to keep my permanent residence card after separation? and if so will I be able to apply citizenship while separated?

Any advice will be appreciated, thanks.

Andy2019
Ireland

Re: Can I keep my EU3 Permanent Residence status after separation?

Post by Andy2019 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:30 pm

Yes. With Permanent Residence Card you can do everything what you want.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:07 pm

On the EU3 approval it clearly says to notify office of any change in circumstance.

adeel_x2004
Newly Registered

Post by adeel_x2004 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:57 pm

manny24 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:25 pm
Hi all,

I am non-EU national married to EU national for the past 9 years, the last 7 years we have been living here in Ireland. We are both full time employed and we have 2 children both born in Ireland.

I am currently holding permanent residence card applied through EU3 form (after 5 years of stamp 4 EUFam).
Our marriage is going through difficult and separation looks to be the next option.
My question is, will I be able to keep my permanent residence card after separation? and if so will I be able to apply citizenship while separated?

Any advice will be appreciated, thanks.
Yes, the separation doesn't affect your permanent residence at all. Everything is explained in the attached link.
Permanent Residence
Attachments
eu.PNG
eu.PNG (70.43 KiB) Viewed 639 times

manny24
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by manny24 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:34 pm

Thank you all for your replies.

As @masterboy123 replies above, on approval letter, it states to notify the office for any change in circumstance and I am not sure if I notify them it will affect my status.

I am also looking forward to applying citizenship and I am quite nervous if the separation will have negative impact on citizenship application.

Anyone knows or had same experience on applying citizenship while on separation and holding EU3 permanent residence card.

Again I do appreciate for your advice