ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI for daughter of separated mother not divorced

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gazala2001
Newly Registered

OCI for daughter of separated mother not divorced

Post by gazala2001 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:30 am

I have OCi card and british passport, my minor daughter was born in India, I have her british passport and Indian birth certificate. Being Muslim my husband has married 3 times, so I got separated from him not divorced, he is an indian, I have his old indian passport copy but as we are not in touch for years I don’t have his new indian passport . I got the child arrangement court order from the uk court which is synonymous to custody order stating that child will live with mother. Can I apply with all these documents for the OCI as I have no divorce letter. Please can anyone guide me

xebec
Australia

Re: OCI for daughter of separated mother not divorced

Post by xebec » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:49 am

I would say it would be difficult to apply without a copy of the father's passport copy and a no-objection letter.

However, there might be some flexibility that the Indian High Commission may show; however you would have to contact them for advice if you are unable to obtain the necessary documents.