ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TLS Contact tracking VAC

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

segebaba
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Asking if I have been denied visa (Tier 4 Visa application)

Post by segebaba » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:14 am

Hello everyone, I am from Nigeria but living in Ukraine. I am planning to start my visa processing for Tier 4 UK visa, I have already paid my full year tuition fee and I have also reserved accommodation at the university campus hall.

My main concern is while filling the application form at the gov UK visa site, I was asked how many countries I have been denied a visa (I have been denied at Italian embassy twice, Spain embassy once, the USA twice and Latvia once, I was given a visa for Dubai only in the past 9 years). I got a Dubai visa in June and was rejected Latvian visa in July.

Now that I am about to start my visa, do I need to write how many times I was denied a visa or I should just list one each from two visa refusal e.g Italy and US., and also, will that affect my UK visa processing because the reason I was denied these visas was because I don't have a strong tie to my country which was not true. Sometimes I just feel like it depends on the visa officer in charge if he or she is in a good mood or not.

Kindly help me with my questions, please.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Asking if I have been denied visa (Tier 4 Visa application)

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:50 am

Hello

You have to answer "Yes" and the put the countries that refused your visa application. I remember the paper form had a box to provide more details. I think it's the same for the online form and you can enter the dates of your refused applications and reasons.

UK won't automatically refuse a visa because Italy or USA refused it. Each application is seen under its own merits. Even if the UK refused you in the past, you can still apply again for visa from the UK.

However, even if laws and procedures are different from a country to country, all case workers have more or less the same sensitivity. If you have been refused many times because you couldn't demonstrate strong ties with your home country, you will be probably refused again if you just go a lodge similar applications.

You know the weakness of your previous applications. So you have to make sure to demonstrate to the UK case worker that you have serious ties to your countries. Tier 4 is not a immigration visa and they deny it if they feel the candidate won't go back home at the end of his studies.

segebaba
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by segebaba » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:05 am

Thanks for your reply, I am planning to click "yes"
For example, Italy and the US have denied my visa twice, can I just write one refusal for each country or I need to write it twice for each country I have been denied visas.

I also heard I shouldn't put a support/cover letter on my application form will submitting since they never asked for it, I was planning to write a supporting letter to explain why I was denied a visa in the past.

Concerning strong ties, do I need documental proof or I can via verbal conversation (maybe during credibility interview if I will be asked one).

And again, last year I was denied a US visa, the visa officer didn't even read my documents such as marriage certificate in Ukraine, also a land property my father sent for rehabilitation center I will be working at after finishing studies, (enough funds for bank statement was not checked) and my parents and young siblings are in Nigeria.

segebaba
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Urgent please about bank options

Post by segebaba » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:01 pm

Hello everyone, I am almost done completing the application page govuk and I was asked...

Financial institution (such as a bank or building society)

Type of document (Required)

- Statements from a personal bank or building society account

- Building society passbook

- Letter from a bank, building society or other recognised financial institution

Which option to pick while using a fixed deposit account, please.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:33 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:50 am
If you have been refused many times because you couldn't demonstrate strong ties with your home country, you will be probably refused again if you just go a lodge similar applications.

You know the weakness of your previous applications. So you have to make sure to demonstrate to the UK case worker that you have serious ties to your countries. Tier 4 is not a immigration visa and they deny it if they feel the candidate won't go back home at the end of his studies.
This is all wrong. There is no requirement to demonstrate or even intend to return to your home country or even leave the UK at the end of your studies.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Urgent please about bank options

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:39 pm

So apply and tell them during the credibility interview that your long term goal is to settle in the UK and see what happens :/

I spent many years in my life under a student visa in various countries. I don't care what's written in the case worker guidance (which is partially redacted by the way) but if you just give them the feeling that your student visa application has a purpose of permanent immigration, no one would give you a visa.

Actually the case above amply illustrate this. All visas were declined due to the absence of strong ties with his home countries. Why strong ties are required? To make sure he will go back. We have six refusals here in succession with the same reason.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent please about bank options

Post by sah10406 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:21 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:39 pm
I don't care what's written in the case worker guidance (which is partially redacted by the way) but if you just give them the feeling that your student visa application has a purpose of permanent immigration, no one would give you a visa.
You are conflating two different matters. The credibility interview is to check that the person is a genuine and credible student. If they are not, and only interested in moving to the UK, that is for sure a problem. But a genuine and credible student can still want to stay on and work in the UK afterwards. In fact the government has just announced the Graduate visa for all graduates from the 2020/21 intake.
Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:39 pm
Actually the case above amply illustrate this. All visas were declined due to the absence of strong ties with his home countries. Why strong ties are required? To make sure he will go back. We have six refusals here in succession with the same reason.
Again, you seem to be conflating different matters. The previous refused visas appear to have been visit visas, not student or work visas. Most countries including the UK need to be satisfied a visitor will return home. It's not relevant to most long-term visas, including a UK Tier 4 visa.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

segebaba
Newly Registered
Nigeria

bank fund tier 4

Post by segebaba » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:46 am

Hello everyone, I need help, I just received email from the VFS center Sheffield, they told me to upload this " Showing required Funds across a 28 day period". I already upload a fixed deposit account from the bank showing the funds been held there for 28 consecutive days, I paid for assistance upload through TLS Contact.
The bank gave me a page letter showing the bank's logo, account name, available fund, showing the fun been there for 28 consecutive days and it's cashable anytime since its a fixed deposit account.

Kindly help, they gave me 10 working days to upload my bank statement, the letter from the bank was just a page letter showing the funds been there since last year and xxxxx client has xxxx fund for 28 consecutive days.

Lhepk
Newly Registered

Re: bank fund tier 4

Post by Lhepk » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:39 am

segebaba wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:46 am
Hello everyone, I need help, I just received email from the VFS center Sheffield, they told me to upload this " Showing required Funds across a 28 day period". I already upload a fixed deposit account from the bank showing the funds been held there for 28 consecutive days, I paid for assistance upload through TLS Contact.
The bank gave me a page letter showing the bank's logo, account name, available fund, showing the fun been there for 28 consecutive days and it's cashable anytime since its a fixed deposit account.

Kindly help, they gave me 10 working days to upload my bank statement, the letter from the bank was just a page letter showing the funds been there since last year and xxxxx client has xxxx fund for 28 consecutive days.
You need to upload bank statement showing funds held for 28 days. Only letter is not enough. Statement must not be older than 31 days i.e. "last transaction date".

segebaba
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: bank fund tier 4

Post by segebaba » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:07 am

A fixed deposit doesn't show bank statements slips, it's only a page letter showing the funds( with bank logo, signatures), and stating it's been held for the last 28 day period.
According to the bank and banks I have contacted, they said fixed deposit can only be a page or two, it is not like bank account statements with many pages of transactions.
The bank already stated the money is held there for 28 days period, the money is cashable anytime, available amount presently, tenor, interest rate, and fixed amount.

The statement is not old, I received the statement from the bank on September 12th and I went to the Visa center on 19th September.

segebaba
Newly Registered
Nigeria

TLS Contact tracking VAC

Post by segebaba » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:55 am

Hello everyone, On September 19th, I did my biometrics and submitted my documents using "assistance upload" which means the TLS staffs helped me upload all documents.
I paid for priority services, then on the 24th September I received an email from VISAINFO, they requested me to send my bank statement (which I already sent, but it was strange they were asking for bank statement instead of fixed deposit statement) but anyways I resubmitted the same document along with authentic letter from the bank, the next day Sep. 25th, they called my bank asking if the funds are truly available (I gave them access to contact my bank).

I went to my TLS Contact application to track, these are the results so far...
Biometric Enrollment Done -- SUBMITTED
Application Transferred To DMC -- SUBMITTED
Application Received By DMC -- SUBMITTED
Application Transferred To VAC -- PROGRESSING (Hourglass icon)
Application Received By Vac -- PROGRESSING (Hourglass icon)
Passport Picked By Applicant -- PROGRESSING (Hourglass icon)

Can someone please tell me the next stage, seems like Application transferred to VAC is taking too long even for priority visa.