ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Tier 4 Dependent become Main ??

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sahildeep
Newly Registered
India

Can Tier 4 Dependent become Main ??

Post by sahildeep » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:49 am

Hi Friends

I am a Tier2 ICT Dependent living currently in UK. I have gone through the existing threads and understand that I can get Tier4 Student VISA and my spouse and child can become my dependent. Suppose I get my VISA and get enrolled into a course, there are some potential scenarios for which I do not have answers. I am hopeful you can help with answers

1) I fail in my course by chance BUT my spouse get a COS from an employer for Tier 1 General VISA. Can he become the main and I and child become dependent ?
OR
2) I pass my course but do not get job in given timeline BUT my spouse gets a COS from an employer for Tier 1 General VISA. Can he become the main and I and child become dependent ?

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Can Tier 4 Dependent become Main ??

Post by sah10406 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:41 pm

sahildeep wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:49 am
1) I fail in my course by chance BUT my spouse get a COS from an employer for Tier 1 General VISA. Can he become the main and I and child become dependent ?

2) I pass my course but do not get job in given timeline BUT my spouse gets a COS from an employer for Tier 1 General VISA. Can he become the main and I and child become dependent ?
See https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/switch-to-this-visa > Eligibility
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.