ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance fund for Tier 4 dependant

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shivana
Newly Registered

Maintenance fund for Tier 4 dependant

Post by Shivana » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:40 pm

Dear all,
I am Tier 4 student doing level 7 course out of London.
I recently got married in my country.
Now I want to bring my wife in UK as my dependant.
I am bit confused with the amount of money as a maintenance fund for my wife.
As I have already got tier 4 visa, do I again need to show the maintenance fund along with my wife or is it just only for my wife?
I am keeping the money in my account for my wife. In simple word how much should i maintain?
£860x9=£6,120
(£680x9)x2 = £12,240

Thanks in advance.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Maintenance fund for Tier 4 dependant

Post by sah10406 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:35 pm

Shivana wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:40 pm
As I have already got tier 4 visa, do I again need to show the maintenance fund along with my wife or is it just only for my wife?
No, unless you are applying again yourself.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Heero
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Heero » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:25 pm

I have same question how much is the maintenance for wife and a son coming from outside UK. And for how long. 28 days or 3 months. Do I have to show my bank statement from uk too ?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:18 pm

Heero wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:25 pm
I have same question how much is the maintenance for wife and a son coming from outside UK. And for how long. 28 days or 3 months. Do I have to show my bank statement from uk too ?
It is all very clear in the PBS Dependant policy guidance. I strongly advise that you use it. UKCISA also has a detailed guide to Tier 4 dependant visas. You can also speak to the international student adviser at your university.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.