ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british citizen living in netherlands

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jyo
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

british citizen living in netherlands

Post by jyo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:34 pm

Hi I am British citizen living in Netherlands from last 6 months and I have a job here too . I live in a rented property in Netherlands.
I want to apply for my younger brother as a dependent to Netherlands . He is above 18 and doesn't have a job in India .i support my brother and mother every month by sending money from here .
Can I sponsor him or not from Netherlands.? Thanks for the reply

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: british citizen living in netherlands

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:00 pm

Hello

You can try the EEA extended family route but no country is really sympathetic to these kind of applications. As they favor people who are not economically active in their country and have very high risk of ending dependent not on their sponsor but on the taxpayer in general.

This route exists in theory but it's getting increasingly complex. It still worth trying but don't expect miracles.

This is the official website of NL Ministry of Justice and Security:
https://ind.nl/en/eu-eea

It can be a good start.

Also consider the Brexit. Possible in 2 weeks time, you are still British but no longer an EEA national. So you wouldn't be able to invoke EEA regulations anymore.