ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document checklist- English requirement not asked

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nikhilhitu
Newly Registered

Document checklist- English requirement not asked

Post by nikhilhitu » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:42 am

Hello,

I recently applied for tier 2 general visa.
While filling the application form, the only question related to English asked was "if you are applying as a doctor, dentist, nurse or midwife, have you passed an English Language Assessment accepted by relevant regulation ?"
I chose "YES" for this. But I wasn't asked to uploador mention which test.

In the document checklist that I received there was only mention about passport, Police clearance certificate and TB test. There was no mention of my English test.

Have I done mistake in filling form or is it that I would be asked to produce in VFS centre ?

SKJ1984
India

Re: Document checklist- English requirement not asked

Post by SKJ1984 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:57 pm

Hope you have not completed your biometrics at VFS and just completed online application.

As far as i know either you need IELTS for UKVI or NARIC ELA via red route for Tier 2 General if you are from non English speaking country. (i.e if your country is not in the list of excluded countries fro english language requirement). There are some exclusions if you have a degree from UK which I am not fully aware of.

How did you prove your English language requirement? Do you have NARIC or IELTS?

What is your answer for these questions
EL.JPG
EL.JPG (58.96 KiB) Viewed 185 times