ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Silly Mistake in Tier 2 General Visa Application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sidmoe
Newly Registered
India

Silly Mistake in Tier 2 General Visa Application

Post by Sidmoe » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:59 pm

Dear Community members,

Greetings to everyone !

Just prior to submitting the IHS payment, but after completing the declaration part, I wanted to cross check my answers (just to be sure!) noted that I made a silly yet grave mistake in the Travel History section. :roll:

My mistake is described below :(
I answered Zero or None for visits to UK in last 10 years.
I answered Zero for visits to USA, Canada, Australia, EEA....

and Have you been to any countries in the past 10 years? --- Answered as No whilst it should be Yes.
[My mistake is that I assumed this question to be inquiring about my travel to the EEA listed countries, I know its silly but ignore it as I accept my folly to fill the form in haste was wrong]

Now, I didn't make the payment yet but cant amend this section as its locked and cant see the option to amend or check / change answers as I finished the declaration part already.

What should I do now? My questions are -
1. Do I ignore these forms for me and my dependents and assume these will get auto deleted in 4 weeks time?
2. Do I start fresh applications for me and my dependents as I didn't pay the IHS charges?
3. Does this make any issues to the COS details?

Appreciate your quick and clear guidance as I have already chewed through most of my nails and am in full blown Panic mode !!! :?

Thanks and looking forward for replies to fix my sorry state.

regards,
An anxious yet hopeful person

gdenzilg
Zimbabwe

Re: Silly Mistake in Tier 2 General Visa Application

Post by gdenzilg » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:32 am

mistakes like these are common and HM office knows this too, thats y they allow changes to be made on the printed application form to be submitted to visa office.

as long as they are minor changes i dont think it will be a problem.

i made a similar mistake also were i wrote wrong dates on travel history and i cancelled and wrote the correct ones with a pen. my application was succesiful.

i think they work on the physical printed application that you submit rather than the system one.

hope this help.

gdenzilg
Zimbabwe

Post by gdenzilg » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:33 am

you should sign on changes also

SKJ1984
India

Post by SKJ1984 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:44 pm

Hi,

Since you have not paid IHS and application fee. Just ignore this application and start a fresh one with a new mail id.

Thats what i did when I calculated incorrect IHS and paid incorrect amount of 0. I scrapped that application and started a fresh one.

Sidmoe
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sidmoe » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:25 pm

SKJ1984 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:44 pm
Hi,

Since you have not paid IHS and application fee. Just ignore this application and start a fresh one with a new mail id.

Thats what i did when I calculated incorrect IHS and paid incorrect amount of 0. I scrapped that application and started a fresh one.
Thanks for your response.
I was thinking to do the same however with the same email address. Totally makes sense to use a completely new email address to differentiate from old application forms. The old unsubmitted forms will automatically delete once they stay for 4 weeks.

Sidmoe
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sidmoe » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:27 pm

gdenzilg wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:32 am
mistakes like these are common and HM office knows this too, thats y they allow changes to be made on the printed application form to be submitted to visa office.

as long as they are minor changes i dont think it will be a problem.

i made a similar mistake also were i wrote wrong dates on travel history and i cancelled and wrote the correct ones with a pen. my application was succesiful.

i think they work on the physical printed application that you submit rather than the system one.

hope this help.
I reckon I could do that and sign however if the ECO finds its unacceptable then I run the risk of getting denied for misrepresentation of information.

gdenzilg
Zimbabwe

Post by gdenzilg » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:42 pm

Sidmoe wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:27 pm
I reckon I could do that and sign however if the ECO finds its unacceptable then I run the risk of getting denied for misrepresentation of information.
I totally understand your fears, but if you can seach for similar posts to yours on this forum you will find many posts sayig exactly the same advise i have given you. this is a small mistake and its unlikely to affect your application.

but to be safe, its better to start afresh and good luck.

auslander
Newly Registered
India

Post by auslander » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:13 pm

My son's passport expiry date was wrongly entered by me, after submitting the application. I wrote a cover letter requesting them to consider the correct passport expiry date and corrected the application with a pen. Today, my son got his visa.