ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR family application, can one applicant ask for super priority and others normal

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR family application, can one applicant ask for super priority and others normal

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:54 pm

suthan wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:42 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:36 pm
Scenario A

You apply super priority on Date X on a separate account.

You apply standard on Date X (same date) on a separate account for your dependents (in this case add a cover letter that you have applied for ILR via super priority. Their applications will be considered after your decision anyways)

Scenario B

You all apply for either super priority OR all apply for standard on Date X in the same account.

Scenario C

You apply super priority on Date X on a separate account.

You apply for dependents on Date(X+A) on a separate account AFTER your ILR grant (before their visa expiry).

The rules are the same which they will have to follow in any above scenario. Scenario C is the best risk-free option cz incase God forbid something goes wrong you do not loose huge fees for everyone. Plus its a lot quicker for dependents after the main applicant is granted ILR even if they choose standard service.

I am thinking to go for this Scenario C:
You apply super priority on Date X on a separate account. You apply for dependents on Date(X+A) on a separate account AFTER your ILR grant (before their visa expiry).

I have 28 days window to get my ILR (using super priority) and apply ILR for dependents after mine is granted. I have a doubt, what if i don't get an appointment on time for bio metric, do you have any idea how long it takes to get an appointment after online application is submitted for super priority these days?
Depends on the availability near your location. You can however pay and change location for quicker appointments.
Having said that, regardless if you get a decision or not, you still can and must apply for your dependents before their visa expiry. There applications will be considered after your decision if that is the case.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

suthan
Newly Registered

Re: ILR family application, can one applicant ask for super priority and others normal

Post by suthan » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:35 pm

Hi,
Could you kindly help me with this ILR application submission eligibility date (28 days before 5 years ) for my Tier 2 (General) visa dependents. I am planning to submit mine & their applications by next weeks, but bit nervous after hearing the eligibility date calculation is different for dependents for tier 2 visa.

Tier 2 Visa issue date - 1/11/2014
I, the main application, entered UK on - 14/12/2014
Dependents entered UK - 28/12/2014
Visa Expiry date - 1/12/2019

They did not spend much outside UK in this 5 years except couple of weeks holidays each year.
Can i submit their application by next week 5/11/2019 or should i wait for 28 days before 5 year anniversary of their entry to UK, which will be the visa expiry day 1/12/2019 and i am trying to avoid the last day submission ?

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:44 pm

Date of issue minus 28 days

suthan
Newly Registered

Post by suthan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:39 pm

As discussed before i am submitting separate application (super priority) for myself and normal service for my dependents (wife & 2 children) . My wife is filling a online set (o) application for her now, I hoped her Tier 2 Dependent SET (o) application will have sections to add our children, but she has come to the end of application, 'section 5. Declaration' ( next section 6. Payment ), but there is no section to add children details, Could you tell me how we could add children details ? Should i open separate online applications for each child - i am confused now, i thought they would not expect children/minors to submit application separately?
Thank you in advance for some clarification and advice on this..
Suthan

suthan
Newly Registered

Post by suthan » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:11 am

suthan wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:39 pm
As discussed before i am submitting separate application (super priority) for myself and normal service for my dependents (wife & 2 children) . My wife is filling a online set (o) application for her now, I hoped her Tier 2 Dependent SET (o) application will have sections to add our children, but she has come to the end of application, 'section 5. Declaration' ( next section 6. Payment ), but there is no section to add children details, Could you tell me how we could add children details ? Should i open separate online applications for each child - i am confused now, i thought they would not expect children/minors to submit application separately?
Thank you in advance for some clarification and advice on this..
Suthan
Sorry i found it, need to come back to first section to add childeren..

suthan
Newly Registered

Post by suthan » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:39 am

Hi,
In my ILR online application SET(o) form, for Tier 2 (General), I could not find any question about my Tier 2 visa /VAF number. I got Tier 2 visa (for 5 years) in my passport (obtained from outside of UK), therefore i have no BRP card or home office reference number. My visa is in the old expired passport and in the form i have given my new passport number only. How they would uniquely identify my visa/number? Am i missing something ?

Can one of you clarify this ...waiting to get some clarity on this before i submit the online application.

Thank you so much.
Suthan

suthan
Newly Registered

Post by suthan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:00 pm

suthan wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:39 am
Hi,
In my ILR online application SET(o) form, for Tier 2 (General), I could not find any question about my Tier 2 visa /VAF number. I got Tier 2 visa (for 5 years) in my passport (obtained from outside of UK), therefore i have no BRP card or home office reference number. My visa is in the old expired passport and in the form i have given my new passport number only. How they would uniquely identify my visa/number? Am i missing something ?

Can one of you clarify this ...waiting to get some clarity on this before i submit the online application.

Thank you so much.
Suthan
I called UKVI help line, after some checking, he advised me to write visa number etc in the cover letter. Looks like they missed this key info in their online form.

suthan
Newly Registered

Post by suthan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:25 pm

Hi,
Can one of you give me some advice on how to handle a name written order issue - first name/surname is swapped in in my wife's (Tier 2 dependent for ILR) passport, say 'B A', this is because of some confusion relating to different naming conventions used in our home-county. But in some of her supporting documents obtained here in UK, her name appear as 'A B' as per UK convention.

I am filling the form as in the passport as the online application form is asking to write name as it appears in the passport. Also we used this same order in the visa application 5 year back. This means some of her supporting documents will have the name written in the reverse order.

I can explain this in the cover letter, would it be sufficient ? or is there any better way to deal with this issue in the application, will home office will take this name order issue seriously?

Thanks

suthan
Newly Registered

Post by suthan » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:57 pm

Hi,
Applied for ILR for my dependents yesterday, their visa expires on 1 Dec 2019, but i could get an appointment for bio-metric on 12 Dec only. Would this be ok ? or should I change for out of hours appointment (it will cost £300 for 3 of them) to an earlier date (before 1 Dec - visa expiry) ?

Thank you for a quick answer to clear my doubt.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:00 pm

suthan wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:57 pm
Biometric appointment date is irrelevant in ur case as what matters is making an “in time” application ie before current visa expiry to engage 3c protection to continue ur current visas term n conditions.

suthan
Newly Registered

Post by suthan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:38 pm

aman90 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:00 pm
suthan wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:57 pm
Biometric appointment date is irrelevant in ur case as what matters is making an “in time” application ie before current visa expiry to engage 3c protection to continue ur current visas term n conditions.
Thank you for your reply which is reassuring !