ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delays in NEWBORN British Passport Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aleezafatimah
Newly Registered

Delays in NEWBORN British Passport Application

Post by Aleezafatimah » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:16 pm

Dear Members

I am looking for your valued suggestions as i do not know what is best course of action to be taken.

I hold (Indefinite Leave to Remain) from past 6 years and my wife is on Spouse Visa.
We have newborn child (4 months old) born in UK. The child is British Citizen by birth by virtue of one of the parent is settled at time of the child birth. Therefore, i applied straight for passport application through post office. It takes usually 3 weeks to process.

Applied on 9th October 2019
Method of Application: Paper application via Post Office check and send service
Received by HMPO: 11th October 2019
Text received from HMPO: Passport should be with us by 2nd Nov unless further information is required.

i am in my 5th week and tried to inquire, all they say it is being looked at Peterborough Office. I do not understand why a newborn application is taking long whereas other adults application after naturalization are being approved within a week or two?
Is it normal? How should i get passport office to give me reason of delay? Thank you.

Plotoder
India

Re: Delays in NEWBORN British Passport Application

Post by Plotoder » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:30 pm

I experienced similar delays and apparently they had sent a letter to the work address of my referee to confirm the identity of newborn on the official company letterhead.

Please ask your referee to check the mail at their work address to see if they received a similar letter

Aleezafatimah
Newly Registered

Re: Delays in NEWBORN British Passport Application

Post by Aleezafatimah » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:36 am

@Plotoder

Thank you for your reply. I double checked with Referee but unfortunately Referee did not receive anything.

I made inquiry using online form but all they say they have received application which is currently being looked at Peterborough Office and Passport officer shall contact if further information/document is required.

It has been 5 weeks and i wonder why its taking ages for a newborn? I have plan to travel soon. Any suggestion PLEASE how to get meaningful information from HMPO? :?: Thanks.

Plotoder wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:30 pm
I experienced similar delays and apparently they had sent a letter to the work address of my referee to confirm the identity of newborn on the official company letterhead.

Please ask your referee to check the mail at their work address to see if they received a similar letter