ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Extended Family Member Residence Card Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aeazee
Newly Registered
Philippines

EEA Extended Family Member Residence Card Application

Post by aeazee » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:50 pm

I have an EEA Extended Family Permit and I applied for a Residence Card. I just received a letter from Home Office about my application. It mentioned in the letter that I am not able to work for 6months while my Residence card application is still on process.

But from what I understand, I can still work while I have my family permit and it is still not expired.

So I am kinda lost right now. So can I work or I can't work while my RC application is on process? :(

NatCam
Georgia

Re: EEA Extended Family Member Residence Card Application

Post by NatCam » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:36 am

No, you can't.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:40 pm

aeazee wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:50 pm
I have an EEA Extended Family Permit and I applied for a Residence Card. I just received a letter from Home Office about my application. It mentioned in the letter that I am not able to work for 6months while my Residence card application is still on process.

But from what I understand, I can still work while I have my family permit and it is still not expired.

So I am kinda lost right now. So can I work or I can't work while my RC application is on process? :(
EEA route and EU Settlement Scheme are 2 systems that are now both valid at the same time. It's not one replacing the other. At least not until the Brexit story is sorted.

You have a valid EEA Residence Card with the right to work. That residence is valid. So you can work.

aeazee
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by aeazee » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:01 pm

I still don't have my Residence card. It's still on process. What I have right now is just a Family Permit. But according to the home office that they are not able to confirm my right to work. And it will depend on the outcome of the application.

So my question is can I work or I can't? Even though i have a family permit.