ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Citizen exercising EU rights in UK upon return

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Lawgic
Newly Registered

UK Citizen exercising EU rights in UK upon return

Post by Lawgic » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:04 am

Hi there,

I remember there was a case where a UK citizen, married to non-EU went to another country, the wife obtained EU residence card and then it was held that the same UK citizen may return to the UK and continue exercising EU freedom of movement rights.

Anyone remember the case and can give me an update, please? Thank youuuu!)

Lawgic
Newly Registered

Re: UK Citizen exercising EU rights in UK upon return

Post by Lawgic » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:18 am

Ok, found it. It's Surinder Singh case. Just need to think of how long we need to spend in another EEA country before coming back and exercising those rights.

Also with the Brexit, how long will she have to go through with this. Need to think about it and execute while the UK is still in it (or transitional period is in place).

She is on a work visa in the UK now, that is 2 years on this path only. So I would not want to break it for another uncertain opportunity. But ideally it would be the family path rather than the worker's since she will need to find a sponsor again.

Lawgic
Newly Registered

Re: UK Citizen exercising EU rights in UK upon return

Post by Lawgic » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:17 pm