ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Dependant to Tier 4 Student Visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shivakumarvig90
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 ICT Dependant to Tier 4 Student Visa

Post by shivakumarvig90 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:36 am

Hi All,
I am currently doing my MSc in Data Science and Analytics from Royal Holloway, University of London. The course started on September 23, 2019. I am currently on a Tier 2 ICT dependant visa. I have decided to switch over to Tier 4 Student Visa during the December holidays before the start of the next term on January 15, 2020. From , many discussions on this forum, I know that I have to travel to India for this switch.
Regarding the funds to be reflected in my account for 28 days prior to the application date, Can the account be with a UK bank? Is it valid to show the attested statement from my bank in UK during the visa appointment?

Thank you in advance for your time and advice.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 ICT Dependant to Tier 4 Student Visa

Post by sah10406 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:04 am

shivakumarvig90 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:36 am
Can the account be with a UK bank? Is it valid to show the attested statement from my bank in UK during the visa appointment?
UKCISA's blog on myths about Tier 4 money covers this:

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/blog/6268/Tie ... rstandings

If you apply in your home country, your money must be held in a bank account in your home country. If you apply in the UK, your money must be in an account in the UK.

False!

The Tier 4 Policy Guidance explains the full requirements of banks and bank statements. See pages 27-38:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -4-student

The international student adviser at your university offers free dedicated professional advice to students about their Tier 4 visa application. Strongly recommend that you use their services
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.