ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Married to EU citizen after overstay

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Obee786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Married to EU citizen after overstay

Post by Obee786 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:21 pm

Hi
I cam uk in 2012 on tier 4. After a year college got black listed and i struggled getting admission and applied for different sort of cases as solicitors suggested but didn’t work out for me. Now i got married to Eu citizen 6 months ago and submitted case few days ago. Have no idea what will happen and how long it is going to take. Any suggestions to make case strong paper work wise. What status to expect from HO.

iibdii
Palestine

Re: Married to EU citizen after overstay

Post by iibdii » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:52 am

Did you apply unfer pre settlement scheme?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:05 am

Obee786 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:21 pm
Now i got married to Eu citizen 6 months ago and submitted case few days ago
Did you get married in a registry office? If not, how and where were you married?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obee786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Obee786 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:51 am

Yes we received permission from HO. Had previously religiously married . After HO permission we registered our marriage at register office.
The system showed eligibility of pre settled.

Obee786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Obee786 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:57 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:05 am
Obee786 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:21 pm
Now i got married to Eu citizen 6 months ago and submitted case few days ago
Did you get married in a registry office? If not, how and where were you married?
Yes at register office in uk

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:55 pm

If you applied under the EU Settlement Scheme, you should get Pre-Settled Status.

You will be eligible for Settled Status on or after the fifth anniversary of your registry marriage to the EU citizen (assuming that the EU citizen remains in the UK).

You will be eligible to apply for British citizenship on or after the tenth anniversary of your registry marriage to the EU citizen.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obee786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Obee786 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:17 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:55 pm
If you applied under the EU Settlement Scheme, you should get Pre-Settled Status.

You will be eligible for Settled Status on or after the fifth anniversary of your registry marriage to the EU citizen (assuming that the EU citizen remains in the UK).

You will be eligible to apply for British citizenship on or after the tenth anniversary of your registry marriage to the EU citizen.
Thanks for responding. Any idea about travel restrictions?
Can non eu travel if the eu spouse is not in uk under settlement scheme?