ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for a citizenship as a spouse of UK citizen but ILR from tier 2

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

railone148
Newly Registered

Applying for a citizenship as a spouse of UK citizen but ILR from tier 2

Post by railone148 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:11 am

Hi,
i have a question regarding my daughter naturalization process. She is 3 years old and has tier 2 dependent visa and was born in in UK. By beginning of 2019, We (me and my spouse) got ILR after 5 year Tier 2 route but my daughter tier 2 visa was still valid till january 2020 so i did not go for naturalization yet.
My question is that Do I need to go for naturalization process for her before her tier2 visa expires in January 2020 or can I go at any time later (not enough money yet :cry: ).
We are also applying for british citizenship after completion of one year ILR requirement next month. If I apply for my daughter naturalization not in january (when her tier 2 expires) but sometime later in may 2020, will it effect her application with overstay?

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Re:Parents have ILR,visa status of Dependent Child born in UK with Tier 2 visa,

Post by aman90 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:31 am

railone148 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:11 am
Incorrect place to post ur question!
No. You don’t need to register ur child as BC.
No overstay. Travel shall be a problem once the visa expires.