ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Correcting a salary mistake on a CoS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Elan000
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Correcting a salary mistake on a CoS

Post by Elan000 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:13 pm

Hi everyone,

So I'm applying to extend my Tier 2 with my current employer. After issuing my Certificate of Sponsorship, HR realised that the salary listed was calculated on a 42.5 hour pro rata basis and so when calculated against a 39 hour pro rata it was below the minimum salary threshold of my role's SOC code. They've amended this by raising my salary but the salary on the CoS is still incorrect, and my company has run out of Certificates for the year. My current visa expires in January and they're not getting their next batch until April.

They've added a sponsor note and provided a letter explaining that my salary has been increased after a review, that the salary on the CoS is wrong and providing my new salary. I read on gov.uk's guidelines that sponsor notes can be used to correct minor mistakes but salary isn't listed as one of the examples of minor mistakes, so this feels like a bit of a risk.

Has anyone had a similar experience and gotten their visa approved? Or is it unlikely to work? Does anyone know if there's anything else we can do to get around this?

I'm applying for my visa next week and I'm feeling really nervous - I'd feel a lot better if I knew there was precedent for this sort of thing....

Elan000
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Correcting a salary mistake on a CoS

Post by Elan000 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:08 pm

Anyone? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Elan000
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Correcting a salary mistake on a CoS

Post by Elan000 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:13 pm

Help?