ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen Planning to bring my old Parenst to Ireand

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nathan2321
Newly Registered

British Citizen Planning to bring my old Parenst to Ireand

Post by Nathan2321 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:49 pm

Hi All, - I need advice and your opinion

I am a British Citizen been living in Dublin for the past 1 year self employed bookeeper. I have registres as self employed and have business registration certificate and have paid one year tax and submitted tax return.

I am trying to bring both my old parents father 83 and mother 75 to Ireland to live with me indefinetly. Both are from Malaysia.

My question is as follows do I qualify to bring my parents :

- My earnings declared in tax return was £16K and business is expanding
- I live in one bedroom in a shares accommodationa and plan to move to a house once i get my parents to come settle with me in Ireland
- How long is the time line to get EEA resident card for both my parents
- Can they apply from Malaysia and get the EEA resident card in Malaysia before coming to Ireland?
- What are the documents and evidence that need to be submitted to the Immigration authority

I don't want to get a flat at the moment as I am single at the moment. Any of you experience in success with be really helpful.

Thanks
Nathan

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Re: British Citizen Planning to bring my old Parenst to Ireand

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:04 pm

Firstly, are your parents dependent on you and will you be able to provide proof of your parents dependency on you over a period of time?

Secondly, will you be able to bring them to ireland and apply for the residence card before the end of January assuming Brexit goes ahead?

The above are the 2 most important questions in my opinion and if the answer is no to either of them it’ll be difficult to bring your parents using the Treaty Rights