ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advise on the start date of Cat D employment visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sktmishra
Newly Registered
India

Need advise on the start date of Cat D employment visa

Post by sktmishra » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:18 pm

Hi All,

I currently hold a Irish Cat D Visa from my employer. The start and end date mentioned in the visa are from end of November 2019 till end of Feb 2020. My work permit has a mention of start date as Oct 2019 with a validity of 2 years.

Due to delay in project start date, my travel date is being pushed back. I understand that I need to enter Ireland within 3 months.

Can someone please advise whether it’s 3 months from the date of work permit or the date of Visa start.

Need this input urgently. Please assist

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Need advise on the start date of Cat D employment visa

Post by littlerr » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:39 pm

A visa and an employment permit are two different things.

A visa allows you to travel to and enter the state between a specific period of time.
An employment permit allows you to work in the state for a specific period of time.

If your visa requires you to enter by Feb 2020, that is the latest date you can enter Ireland. You will not be allowed to enter Ireland from March. You may not even be allowed to sit on the plane.

I have not heard of any specific ‘3 months’ rules otherwise. However, if your work permit has a start date of October, it indeed brings some doubts why you have not come to Ireland since then. After all, the earliest start date on an employment permit would be at least 3 months after when the application is lodged.

avta
Ireland

Re: Need advise on the start date of Cat D employment visa

Post by avta » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:54 am

Hi,

You must start your job in 3 month from 2Y WP start date.
This is also known as "21 month" stamp 4 eligibility rule.
In breach of this rule you must apply for another WP, after existing one will expire.

BR.