ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel and re-entry without IRP while waiting for citizenship ceremony?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

javiercarrillo
Newly Registered
Peru

Travel and re-entry without IRP while waiting for citizenship ceremony?

Post by javiercarrillo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:17 am

Hello everyone and happy new year!

On Nov 26 I received the letter from INIS asking me to pay my citizenship fee and submit my Irish Residence Permit (IRP) to Tipperary. I did immediately but, unfortunately, I was not included in the December ceremony.

Since the next ceremony will probably be a few months away (I heard "spring" on this forum), does anybody know what is the guidance in case of travel abroad (for work), in particular for the re-entry?

I read (also on this forum) about people saying that it was enough to present the letter from INIS to the border agents indicating I'm meant to be in the next ceremony but, has anybody here actually done that? In the meantime I have also reach out to INIS asking for any "official" (if any) guidance.

Thanks in advance for any tip!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Travel and re-entry without IRP while waiting for citizenship ceremony?

Post by littlerr » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:28 am

Yeah I've done it a dozen times between last March and June. No questions asked. Just show them your approval letter (or a copy of your naturalisation certificate once you receive it).

Just remember that if you need a visa to enter Ireland, you will need to get the re-entry visa by posting your passport, a copy of approval letter, your travel date and the re-entry visa application form to the re-entry office ASAP.

Nre123
Ireland

Post by Nre123 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:51 am

javiercarrillo wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:17 am
Hello everyone and happy new year!

On Nov 26 I received the letter from INIS asking me to pay my citizenship fee and submit my Irish Residence Permit (IRP) to Tipperary. I did immediately but, unfortunately, I was not included in the December ceremony.

Since the next ceremony will probably be a few months away (I heard "spring" on this forum), does anybody know what is the guidance in case of travel abroad (for work), in particular for the re-entry?

I read (also on this forum) about people saying that it was enough to present the letter from INIS to the border agents indicating I'm meant to be in the next ceremony but, has anybody here actually done that? In the meantime I have also reach out to INIS asking for any "official" (if any) guidance.

Thanks in advance for any tip!
I did this recently...get a re entry visa if you need one through registered post..I was not asked for approval letter when i arrived in ireland as the visa stamp was sufficient

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:56 pm

I was in similar situation and had to travel due to an emergency.
I requested my GNIB back for 1 week and citizenship office were kind enough to facilitate this. I showed them returned paid ticket and the nature of emergency. I have resubmitted my GNIB now and hopefully will be included in Spring 2020 ceremony.

But again my case was emergency case with proof of emergency.

Nishasn
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Nishasn » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:13 am

Hi masterboy, just curious why you were not included in the previous ceremony? Was it because you requested your rip for travel? I have also travel plans and informed citizenship office. Just wondering if that would impact the ceremony date ? Please clarify. Many thanks

thpc
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by thpc » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:41 am

Due to work travel reason, i am submitting ( GNIB + Fee) 2-3 weeks late . Hoping i will be included in the ceremony.

guys , do you think any issues may arise ? due to late submission.

Thanks for your insight.

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:42 am

thpc wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:41 am
Due to work travel reason, i am submitting ( GNIB + Fee) 2-3 weeks late . Hoping i will be included in the ceremony.

Thanks for your insight.
I just flew back to Dublin last night and asked a the immigration officer a few questions as a non-Eu citizen who would need a visa to enter the Eire:
1. What would happy if I don’t have a GNIB card as I’ve submitted it whilst waiting for the ceremony?
He mentioned that they a copy of the approval letter in their system so it shouldn’t be a problem. I’d get a photocopy of my GNIB card and possibly fly with it if I don’t get my Stamp 6 in time.

2. As I have Stamp 4, can I que in the non-Eu que?
Only those with Stamp 4 EU Fam can.

TBH, I wouldn’t submit it 2-3 weeks late as they specifically mentioned 10 days in the letter.
I note that there is no date as of yet. ‘Spring’ in the Celtic Calender is Imbolc or St Brigid’s Day ie 1st Feb traditionally. It could be anytime in Feb or in March.

They do hope to have a three others so I’m guessing probably May/June, September and late Nov/Early Dec.

mrrobot
Mood:
Ireland

Post by mrrobot » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:46 pm

Bealtaine wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:42 am
thpc wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:41 am

Thanks for your insight.
I just flew back to Dublin last night and asked a the immigration officer a few questions as a non-Eu citizen who would need a visa to enter the Eire:
1. What would happy if I don’t have a GNIB card as I’ve submitted it whilst waiting for the ceremony?
He mentioned that they a copy of the approval letter in their system so it shouldn’t be a problem. I’d get a photocopy of my GNIB card and possibly fly with it if I don’t get my Stamp 6 in time.

2. As I have Stamp 4, can I que in the non-Eu que?
Only those with Stamp 4 EU Fam can.

TBH, I wouldn’t submit it 2-3 weeks late as they specifically mentioned 10 days in the letter.
I note that there is no date as of yet. ‘Spring’ in the Celtic Calender is Imbolc or St Brigid’s Day ie 1st Feb traditionally. It could be anytime in Feb or in March.

They do hope to have a three others so I’m guessing probably May/June, September and late Nov/Early Dec.
Problem is not with entering Ireland, but with boarding a flight to Ireland from another country. You might be refused boarding, if you don’t have visa/irp. Better off getting re entry visa if you intend to travel

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:16 pm

Ceremony got full in December that's why I wasn't included. So a week after ceremony I requested my H
GNIB. I have returned it back. Hoping to attend next ceremony.
Nishasn wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:13 am
Hi masterboy, just curious why you were not included in the previous ceremony? Was it because you requested your rip for travel? I have also travel plans and informed citizenship office. Just wondering if that would impact the ceremony date ? Please clarify. Many thanks

Nishasn
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Nishasn » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:21 pm

Thank you... good luck for the next ceremony...