ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tricky situation:Albanian with long EU resident permit released by Italy

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pannaww
Newly Registered
Mood:
Albania

Tricky situation:Albanian with long EU resident permit released by Italy

Post by pannaww » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:23 pm

Hello everybody,
Being this a quite specific question I opted for opening a new topic. Here's my situation:
I' m Albanian, 24 and I live in Italy since I was 3 years old. I am now in the process of acquiring the Italian citizenship (I think this process will last more than two and a half-year since only one year and a half has passes from the four needed to acquire it) and I hold an EU long term residence permit, which allows me to work and study in Italy.
Now, I have been recently offered a job which includes working in other EU countries, being them France and Switzerland for 3 months respectively (further info: the contracts are made locally, so respecting the national law). Being the nature of the job very fast changing, in terms of countries worked, it can easily happen that I am asked to relocate in another EU country...
The definitive solution would of course be having the Italian citizenship that will allow me to work in those countries without any problem. But, in long waiting I am now faced with, I would like to know what are (if any) the options that can suit this situation.
I have thoroughly searched in both the Italian, French and Switzerland online immigration portals but nothing seems to fit my situation for a reason or another...
I would really appreciate any tip that can help me sort out this tricky situation.
Thanks in advance!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Tricky situation:Albanian with long EU resident permit released by Italy

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:38 am

Hello

The right to move between EU countries and work there is exclusive to EEA citizens. There is no visa that can confer this right.

As a non EEA, you can always apply for a work permit in an EEA country. That work permit is delivered according to the local laws of the country and valid only in that particular country.

For example, if Switzerland delivers a work permit for you, it will only give you the right to work in Switzerland. Same for France, Spain... etc.

As you are so close to the Italian citizenship, I don't believe it's in your best interest to break this and go seeking a work permit in another country and reset the counters again.