ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake on Flrm Online Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ahic
Newly Registered

Mistake on Flrm Online Application

Post by ahic » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:32 am

Hi guys
My spouse visa expires on 03/02/2020.
Submitted FLRM online on 7/1/20 and had biometric on 16/1/20.
Problem is I made a mistake on one of the question and will have to wait till Monday to ring HO on how to rectify it.

My mistakes is the below:

(1) Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner
(including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)

I answered Yes

(2) Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type

I picked the drop-down answer which is

First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person)

My actual answers should be as follows?
No
Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain)

As I mistaken the question as if HO asked if this is my first extension with my husband.

Did any of you here had faced this issue and what should I do?

I am really worried now.

Thank you for reply.

askhans786

Re: Mistake on Flrm Online Application

Post by askhans786 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:26 am

Hi,

I think your answer is correct.
1) Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner
(including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner).
This is how is read the question.

1) Is this the first time you have applied for a an extension, with your current partner

YES

I was also stuck with this question but in previous post someone has answered this.

Reason for extension

Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type. (Required)

First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person)

Additional extension as a partner

First application as a partner from within the UK (for example, you are currently in the UK on another type of visa or permission to stay)

You delayed your travel to the UK by more than 3 months after the issue of a visa and have not yet completed the required amount of time on a partner visa (not including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)

You require more time to meet the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK requirements to apply for settlement

You were granted entry as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, but have not yet married or entered into a civil partnership

You are applying for any other reason

ahic
Newly Registered

Post by ahic » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:28 pm

@askhans786
Do u mean BOTH my answers are correct?
I arrived UK under spouse visa, 2.5 years ago and this flrm of 2.5 years supposed to lead me to ilr if successful.

Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiance or proposed civil partner). YES

Pls choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this included if you are switching to a partner visa from another type.
Answered: First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as finance or proposed civil partner of a settled person)

Has you been approved? And did u come in in the spouse visa applied from outside UK?

Probably I got panic after reading answer from another forum on this question.

Await your confirmation on my exams second question as this visa really stressed me out and feel that I aged overnight😭

Thank you again.

ahic
Newly Registered

Post by ahic » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:35 pm

Please if ignore the word "exam" on the last paragraph, don't know how it was there😭😏

askhans786

Post by askhans786 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:37 pm

I am about to apply extension for first spouse visa in Feb-2020

I had similar question and some moderator answered that it was correct to say YES.

Your both answer are correct from Initial application.

This is how is read the question.

1) Is this the first time you have applied for a an extension, with your current partner

YES

I was also stuck with this question but in previous post someone has answered this.

Reason for extension

Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type. (Required)

ahic
Newly Registered

Post by ahic » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:44 pm

Thank you for reply.
Actually, my answer was wrong as I had applied for couple of visas before and were unsuccessful due to some errors in document. Hence, already sent a letter to HO Sheffield to clarify and gave previous applications details.

My friend had applied flrm for his wife 2.5 years ago and he said that his wife's application had with discrepancies too but managed to get the extension.
Guess is all down to the case worker and can only hope that he or she is not too strict with mine.

Went to application lots of times but just can't see the error until after biometric.
So is waiting game n keeping fingers crossed.

Will keep this site updated.

Thanks