ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

proof of ownership

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jaywel
Newly Registered

proof of ownership

Post by jaywel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:35 am

Hi

I am in the process of gathering info for spouse visa - I am now concentrating on accommodation part of evidence and have only just realised that I need to show proof of ownership - ie title deeds - where do I obtain these from.

I have so far

- evidence of mortgage payments
- right to buy letter
and will be getting a letter from council to prove my property will not be overcrowed and I am also including some photos of property.

will this be enough?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:29 pm

If you own the house, then the title deeds will be with your solicitors who did the paperwork for you.

If you have a mortgage, the deeds will be with the bank from whom you got your mortgage.

If you dont own the house, then you dont need to provide title deeds. All you will need is a tennancy agreement (a letter from the landlord to say you are up to date with rent would be helpful )

Hope this helps

jaywel
Newly Registered

Post by jaywel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:31 pm

thanks

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:48 pm

Hi i own my own property and didn't have the title deeds so i included the land registery instead

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:03 pm

Do you know if we actually have to get the title deeds ? or can we show ownership via mortgage agreement,mortgage payments and title deeds? I have an appeal coming up and have been told to show a council report,which i have done and proof of rental payments (which i thought was strange as i own the property) but have got the mortgage statement and bank statements showing payments to mortgage company.Is that ok??

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:32 pm

If you cant get the copy of the title deeds from your solicitor/bank, try this link to get it.it only cost £3.

http://www.landregisteronline.gov.uk/