ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa financial criteria exemption.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Devsishu
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa financial criteria exemption.

Post by Devsishu » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:17 am

Hello Everyone,
I am a new member of this forum and I basically want to know something about the spouse Visa financial criteria exemption.I am a British citizen Indian employed part time as I look after my severely blind mum and live in a council flat of which my mum is a tenant.i live with her as a non dependant adult and I care for her 7 days a week.l am planning to get married to a girl from India however I can't bring her over as I earn only £12,000/- a year as I work only for 2 days a week.Since I have a shortfall of £6,600/- should my mum claim carer's allowance just so I could be exempted from the criteria.As far as I know a carer's allowance criteria allows the carer to work 15hrs a week as long as they not earn more than£120 a week.Please advice.

geoeng
Canada

Re: Spouse Visa financial criteria exemption.

Post by geoeng » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:12 pm

If you were receiving Carer's Allowance, you could qualify under the adequate maintenance route rather than having to meet the £18,600 financial requirement. Can't help you much with the criteria for the benefit unfortunately. Additional details in the guidance document linked below:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... x_1_7A.pdf
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.