ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

snooky

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Post by snooky » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:03 am

mummy21 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:48 am
Thank you everyone.

I will definitely complain.

Unfortunately my son does not have his British passport. I used his father's indefinite leave to remain BRP to apply to the EU Scheme. His father has tried to apply for my son's passport but does not know anyone who has a British passport and is on the list of professionals to countersign his passport. I have a copy of his BRP now alongside my son's birth certificate to prove my son is a British citizen.

I have been contacting charities who help people with no recourse to public funds but I have struggled to find help.

Hopefully complaining will help. My health visitor told me to not tell anyone of my accommodation issues as the council is obliged to help my British child and not me so would take my child info care until I sort out my accommodation issues. This has obviously terrified me and made me reluctant to approach the council in any capacity. My GP also told me to go back to my country if I cannot afford to live here when I went to get help with PND given all the issues I am going through I am depressed. The authorities have treated me so badly in this country.il

I have sent the complaint to Home Office and my MP.
You know what,

Your child school headteacher or class teacher or Inclusive teacher or any teacher can sign.

Your GP can sign

Church pastor can sign

Nurses

Health care Assistant

Lawyers' take £ 20 -50 to sign

So tell your Husband

If your Son was born whilst the dad had indefinite leave to remain. Then your Son is a British by under section 1 (1) of the british nationality Act 1981.

If your Son was before the dad became indefinite leave holder then you have do Registration under british nationality Act section 1(3)

But as the dad is an exempt person Why can't her apply to the council for under the homelessness Act

snooky

Post by snooky » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:47 am

mummy21 wrote:
Thank you everyone.

Unfortunately my son does not have his British passport. I used his father's indefinite leave to remain BRP to apply to the EU Scheme. His father has tried to apply for my son's passport but does not know anyone who has a British passport and is on the list of professionals to countersign his passport. I have a copy of his BRP now alongside my son's birth certificate to prove my son is a British citizen.

I have been contacting charities who help people with no recourse to public funds but I have struggled to find help.

Hopefully complaining will help. My health visitor told me to not tell anyone of my accommodation issues as the council is obliged to help my British child and not me so would take my child info care until I sort out my accommodation issues. This has obviously terrified me and made me reluctant to approach the council in any capacity. My GP also told me to go back to my country if I cannot afford to live here when I went to get help with PND given all the issues I am going through I am depressed. The authorities have treated me so badly in this country.il

Hi

Make a complain against your GP to the PTC including the nurses. For them GP to say go Home amount to inapropriate dearly beloved Comment and the nurse also professional negligence because she ones you a duty of care

snooky

Post by snooky » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:48 am

snooky wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:47 am
mummy21 wrote:
Thank you everyone.

Hi

Make a complain against your GP to the PTC including the nurses. For them GP to say go Home amount to inapropriate dearly beloved Comment and the nurse also professional negligence because she ones you a duty of care
PCT rather

Fustrated2019

Post by Fustrated2019 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:57 am

mummy21 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:22 pm
Please help

I submitted on 15th July
Received biometrics letter on 29th July
COA on 14th August 2019

I'm the primary carer to a British minor citizen with no current leave o remain. I did not apply for drf(1) as I was told by Home Office it no longer existed and to apply to EU Settlement scheme .

Anyway my landlord wanted proof of my right to be in the UK and I gave him a copy of my COA. He accepted this and in December asked about my status. I said I am still waiting on the Home Office. He said it seemed suspicious for it to take so long as the news outlets were saying maximum 1 month waiting time. I encouraged him to call Home Office o check this was a genuine COA and paper applications were taking longer.

Well he called HO and was told noone who has genuinely applied has a COA longer for a month even if they have a paper applications and he might have been conned. The landlord played this recording or me as proof and asked me to vacate the property. Would not let me call in his presence as he had had enough of people lying to him.

So I'm living with friends now. How can the HO do this.? I want to cimplain but am scared that will lead to them deciding against me as I did not apply for leave using the domestic route.

Any advice appreciated
As others have said go to the council and tell them you are homeless, they have duty of care to your son. Don’t worry they won’t take him off you . I was in the same situation and they looked after us .

Re the passport your GP can countersign it for a fee I believe. A lot of them do or even your health Visitor.
Good luck

Chris90
Mood:

Post by Chris90 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:59 am

Hello everyone, it sad reading some of the experiences some people are going through at the hands of home office, they truly has no compassion but please be persistent folks.

Home office will play dumb and illiterate to laws until you trigger, qoute or make them aware of their legal obligations. They will always use the law at their benifits first. A person once told me you have to use the law to fight the law, in this case most of us are very limited legally speak however the law its supposed to cover every man, woman and child. Make them liable, tell them what you are experiencing as all calls to the EU resolution centre is recorded for their benifits but please remember it work both ways. THEY HAVE A DUTY OF CARE TO ALL CHILDREN.

Write down names of who you speak to, make note of the time and date, write down what they tell you. This is why eu citizens usually, not always but most time get better updates because their legal position is stronger than ours. Make your case relevant. Complain every day if you feel like and don't let them attempt to reassure you. Laws / regulations don't deals with reassurances.

Every person who is waiting more than the month is owed a valid explanation as to why they have note received a decision. And after that explanation you still reserve the right to be dissatisfied and complain. This won't necessarily make them give you a decision but it reminds them of there obligation and should your case ever reach a court, you have evidence.

Silence with home office is almost like giving them consent.

We need to let our presence be felt.

Best wishes

mummy21

Post by mummy21 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:17 pm

Hi all

Thank you so much for your help.

My son's father and I are not in a relationship due to domestic abuse. I also disclosed this to my GP and well you have seen his response. As you can imagine this presents a lot of challenges when trying to prove my son's status so I am really in an untenable situation as I am at his mercy. I will explore these avenues.

I will find out My GP practice has a sign saying they do not countersign passports anymore and my HV and midwife also said the same. I will look for a solicitor who can help with countersigning a passport. At least if my son has his passport it will make our lives easier as well. Thank you very much everybody.

snooky

Post by snooky » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:22 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:51 pm
I posted my application on 4th Dec,2019, Home Office received on the 5th Dec,2019. My biometric card and son’s passport were sent off to me on the 19th of December and I received them on the 20th Dec,2019. Since then nothing from them.
Cheer up brothers and sisters

I know it won't be long that that change would surely come.

snooky

Post by snooky » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:37 pm

mummy21 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:17 pm
Hi all

My son's father and I are not in a relationship due to domestic abuse. I also disclosed this to my GP and well you have seen his response. As you can imagine this presents a lot of challenges when trying to prove my son's status so I am really in an untenable situation as I am at his mercy. I will explore these avenues.

I will find out My GP practice has a sign saying they do not countersign passports anymore and my HV and midwife also said the same. I will look for a solicitor who can help with countersigning a passport. At least if my son has his passport it will make our lives easier as well. Thank you very much everybody.
Very interesting case

1.Did you report the domestic violence to the Police and GP.

2. Were you married and give spouse visa before

If yes to these questions then

Look for Form SET(DV) at Home Office website and add the evidence of domestic violence

You will get indefinite leave to remain
If my guess is true then Zambrano not for you

mummy21

Post by mummy21 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:23 pm

I reported to my GP along with my housing, depression etc. And he told me to go back to my country.

I did not report to the police as I am still very much reliant on him to secure my status and to get my child's passport. I was advised by HV not to antagonise him as I cannot sort out my status without his help.

I was not on a spouse visa. I came to the UK to study. I could not leave when my visa expired due to the abuse. I was unable to leave against my will. As I have a child now, I have more rights here to my son as he threatens he will take my child if we go back to my home country (also his) which decides in the favour of the father usually. I have genuine tangible reasons that are verifiable to fear this that I cannot divulge on this forum.

Also if I return to my home country, I doubt the Home Office will allow me to ever come back and I know my ex can easily bring my son back here and I will not be able to see him. My country is not a signatory of the Hague Convention.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:42 pm

Hi all, just called them again and asked if the COA has been sent and the guy said Not yet sent. I asked him after I get COA, does it mean I am half way through the wait?, he said no but that I have crossed a hurdle. I told him I am anxious and stressed because I don’t want my biometric card to expire while I am still waiting, if it takes up to after Easter to send me COA, it them means at their pace it will be towards the end of the year before I get a reply from them. He apologised and told me not to worry that even if my card expires that there is no issue at stake that my application is already with them so they will have to definitely make a decision. (They say all sorts, if only I could read minds). He kept on apologising and telling me there were millions of applications for the caseworkers. He said something though that made me read in between the lines, he said ‘remember the case workers are dealing with the EU applications, as well as these paper applications too. Mhhh

apollo_alpha

Post by apollo_alpha » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:08 pm

Hello House,

A right of appeal have been introduced with respect to the EU Settlement Scheme. This should be a better way to address the problems that folks within the platform are having with the home office.

Below are links to information regarding the appeal rights.

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/eu-sett ... ntroduced/

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/202 ... ter/1/made

apollo_alpha

Post by apollo_alpha » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:10 pm

Hello House,

Just a quick question.

Does the home office return your documents; specifically the passport and biometric card after making an application for the EU settlement scheme under the Zambrano route?

apollo_alpha

Post by apollo_alpha » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:08 pm

I think I need to rephrase my question above.

Does the home office return your documents before making a decision on the application (specifically the passport and biometric card) when one applies for the EU settlement scheme under the Zambrano route?

Zaza mum

Post by Zaza mum » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:35 pm

apollo_alpha wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:08 pm

Does the home office return your documents before making a decision on the application (specifically the passport and biometric card) when one applies for the EU settlement scheme under the Zambrano route?
Yes they do return the passports with the biometrics letter and keep other documents till a decision is made.

apollo_alpha

Post by apollo_alpha » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:00 pm

Zaza mum wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:35 pm
apollo_alpha wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:08 pm

Yes they do return the passports with the biometrics letter and keep other documents till a decision is made.
Thanks Zazamum,

You mentioned biometric letters. Do they return the biometric card as well or do they hold on to that?

snooky

Post by snooky » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:26 pm

apollo_alpha wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:10 pm
Hello House,

Just a quick question.

Does the home office return your documents; specifically the passport and biometric card after making an application for the EU settlement scheme under the Zambrano route?
Hi

The Home Office will have to return to you your
Passports and Biomatric card.

They only need to keëp the documents

apollo_alpha

Post by apollo_alpha » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:36 pm

snooky wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:26 pm
apollo_alpha wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:10 pm
Hello House,

Just a quick question.

Hi

The Home Office will have to return to you your
Passports and Biomatric card.

They only need to keëp the documents
Thanks Snooky

Darasimidd

Post by Darasimidd » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:22 pm

mummy21 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:17 pm
Hi all

Hi mummy21,

First I will like to say I have been through what you are presently going through and I understand how you are feeling. Get the solicitor to counter sign the document and try to go to your local council on Monday please. The truth is no body can take your child off you, you are your child's sole carer. As long as you are not into drug, no safeguarding issues nobody can take your child off you. Don't let anyone care u, your gp is a and health visitor are medical professionals. I don't know about Zambrano but for human right case you don't need the other parent document for your application. Once you get you child British passport, then everything will be easy.
I did my application with my child document, I didn't use the father document. I think you should contact Snooky if you are in London, he is always ready to help.

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:16 pm

apollo_alpha wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:08 pm
Hello House,

A right of appeal have been introduced with respect to the EU Settlement Scheme. This should be a better way to address the problems that folks within the platform are having with the home office.

Below are links to information regarding the appeal rights.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/202 ... ter/1/made
Thats good news thanks for update.

alana7
Grenada

Post by alana7 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:51 pm

mummy21 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:22 pm
Please help

I submitted on 15th July
Received biometrics letter on 29th July
COA on 14th August 2019

I'm the primary carer to a British minor citizen with no current leave o remain. I did not apply for drf(1) as I was told by Home Office it no longer existed and to apply to EU Settlement scheme .

Anyway my landlord wanted proof of my right to be in the UK and I gave him a copy of my COA. He accepted this and in December asked about my status. I said I am still waiting on the Home Office. He said it seemed suspicious for it to take so long as the news outlets were saying maximum 1 month waiting time. I encouraged him to call Home Office o check this was a genuine COA and paper applications were taking longer.

Well he called HO and was told noone who has genuinely applied has a COA longer for a month even if they have a paper applications and he might have been conned. The landlord played this recording or me as proof and asked me to vacate the property. Would not let me call in his presence as he had had enough of people lying to him.

So I'm living with friends now. How can the HO do this.? I want to cimplain but am scared that will lead to them deciding against me as I did not apply for leave using the domestic route.

Any advice appreciated
If you are in London try Praxis in Bethnal Green. The road is literally next door to the tube station. They help a lot of people and could get you in a hostel once you tell your story to the caseworker. They are open Mon - Friday 9am-5pm. I don't know if I can post their number here but google them.

mummy21

Post by mummy21 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:57 pm

Thank you so much.

I wish I had posted sooner. I will call Praxis on Monday and try inbox you snooky if that's okay

God bless you all. my faith and hope have been renewed.

Fustrated2019

Post by Fustrated2019 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:01 pm

Hi everyone, I am filing in the Zambrano application form and I need a bit of help . What do I need to give to show my dependant would have to leave with me if I left the il or the eea.
Thank you

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:06 am

Fustrated2019 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:01 pm
Hi everyone, I am filing in the Zambrano application form and I need a bit of help . What do I need to give to show my dependant would have to leave with me if I left the il or the eea.
Thank you
U didnt tell that ur dependent is child or adult.
Say its child.
If its other parent is british then u need to prove that other parent who british cannot lookafter child for example he/she live out of uk or in jail or have terminal ill and unable to look after.
If both parent are third country nationals then just ur home address and child achool letter.
Good luck

Melislyashley
Newly Registered
Benin

Post by Melislyashley » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:25 am

I found this article rather interesting.

Fustrated2019

Post by Fustrated2019 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:03 am

mubashir1981 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:06 am
Fustrated2019 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:01 pm
Thank you
U didnt tell that ur dependent is child or adult.
Say its child.
If its other parent is british then u need to prove that other parent who british cannot lookafter child for example he/she live out of uk or in jail or have terminal ill and unable to look after.
If both parent are third country nationals then just ur home address and child achool letter.
Good luck
The dependant is a child and father is British. Thank you mubashir . It gives me a better idea 💡