ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent to Family visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sushi92
Newly Registered
Canada

Tier 2 Dependent to Family visa

Post by Sushi92 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:48 pm

Hello
I’m In a bit of a pickle as to what to choose

I’m on a tier 2 dependent visa and 2 years away from ILR, my wife is my dependent 3 years away.
Unfortunately she can’t work as a “doctor in training” but can as non training which is horrible for career progression.

She can start training in 3 years with ILR

1. However I was wondering if when I get my ILR in 2 years could she switch from a dependent to a spouse/family visa which doesn’t have restrictions?

2. If so would this reset the clock for ILR?

3. Would she have to go back home to switch?

Many thanks

Sushi

Casa

Re: Tier 2 Dependent to Family visa

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:57 am

Sushi92 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:48 pm
Hello
I’m In a bit of a pickle as to what to choose

I’m on a tier 2 dependent visa and 2 years away from ILR, my wife is my dependent 3 years away.
Unfortunately she can’t work as a “doctor in training” but can as non training which is horrible for career progression.

She can start training in 3 years with ILR

1. However I was wondering if when I get my ILR in 2 years could she switch from a dependent to a spouse/family visa which doesn’t have restrictions? YES

2. If so would this reset the clock for ILR? YES

3. Would she have to go back home to switch? NO

Many thanks

Sushi
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.