ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New OCI Card Collection Goswell Road

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ringzer
Newly Registered
Ireland

New OCI Card Collection Goswell Road

Post by ringzer » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:12 am

I have an OCI through my wife so we submitted an application for our son as follows.

Date Of Acknowledgment 04-OCT-2019
Registration Status at Mission LONDON
OCI- Number A3451208
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 15-NOV-2019
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 15-NOV-2019
Document received At LONDON On 15-NOV-2019

My wife and son have been out of the country since October and are returning on 7th February, so need to arrange collection of his OCI.

As I understand the collection procedure is different now "OCI Cards / Indian passports/ Consular Services Documents will be delivered by Post/Courier only once ready. " so there is no requirement to print off the status summary (as above) and submit his passport.

However given that we submitted the application before this policy change, they don't have the special delivery envelope.

So I have 2 questions:

1) Can I drop in the special delivery envelope and status without the passport before they return on 7th February?

2) In the old system when people had to submit their passports, how long did it take for the passport and OCI to be returned? It says 7-10 days but doesn't mention business or calendar days.

We are travelling on 21st February so it is just about 10 days assuming we drop in the envelope (and passport if we need to) so it should be fine but no guarantee.

Thanks in advance

longshift

Re: New OCI Card Collection Goswell Road

Post by longshift » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:49 am

hi,

I can tell you from my experience that I submitted the application for my kids on Wednesday at Goswell Road. And today morning I got the text from DX that they are delivering the original Docs. So for us it only took 4 business days counting in the submission day.

All the best.

P.S. I just read your post again. Sorry I think my reply might not be the best response you hoped for. Hope you get a reply from someone who is in similar situation like yours.