ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mark357
Newly Registered
Mood:

Life in the UK test

Post by mark357 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:38 pm

Hi,

I want to pass the Life in the UK test as part of my ILR application.

Can someone please guide me on how/where to start, study and practice the test so that I can successfully pass?

Any help and guidance will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Mark

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Life in the UK test

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:32 pm

Your post should go to the ILR forum, not British Citizenship.
If you don't have the link for booking already: https://www.gov.uk/life-in-the-uk-test
There are plenty of websites offering free information on how to pass, mock tests, etc, there is also a book available.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:34 am

Topic moved to the ILR sub forum
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

castorp
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by castorp » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:27 am

I used the official handbook + Wikipedia and passed.

Brat951
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Brat951 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:03 pm

Hi Mark,

To successfully pass the Life in the UK test, you will need to have good knowledge of the 3rd edition handbook Life in the United Kingdom: A guide for new Residents.

You can buy the book from the recommended GOV.UK site at https://www.tsoshop.co.uk/Society/Life-in-the-UK/

Alternatively, you can read the online version of the book that is available on different websites online. There are various websites on the internet where you can read the online version of the Handbook and practice the tests. Most are quite good to practice mock tests to prepare for your final one.

Non official web links removed by moderator.

Once you have read the book and start passing the mock tests on these websites, you are ready for the test!

Good luck with your application and shout out of you have any more questions.

Best regards,

B