ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visitor visa to Hong Kong from the UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Cleo
Newly Registered

visitor visa to Hong Kong from the UK

Post by Cleo » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:55 am

I am one of the very few unlucky nationalities that require to obtain a visitor visa prior to landing in HKG (Russian). yet i live and work in the UK and I found almost impossible to find out the process and duration of the HKG visa application for visa-nationals from the UK, as the British citizens do not need visa to visit HKG. It has been extremely difficult to get any info from the Chinese Embassy in London hence I am trying my luck here over the weekend... will go back to calling them on Monday!!

in brief, I need to visit HKG for a few days, to have interviews/meetings at my sister company in HKG. I would be equally happy with simply one entry tourist or business visa, whichever is easier and quicker to obtain. Yet the HKG Immigration website quotes visa processing times of FOUR weeks!! call it liberal immigration policy??? i simply cannot wait that long - I have meetings planned for end of April.

i would be grateful for any advice

cheers