ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

askdash
Newly Registered

Employer letter

Post by askdash » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:03 am

Hi all,

I'm applying for ILR under the T2(G) route. I have 3 questions about the employer letter:

1. I cannot get hardcopies from 2 previous employers. Is softcopy fine (its on letterhead with signature)?
2. One of the letters is from 2 years back when I left the company. I had requested this as I thought I will apply for ILR in future. Do I need a letter with a more recent date?
3. Can my department head sign off the letter from my current employer of it has to be done by HR?

Best,
Santanu

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Employer letter

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:38 am

Hello

1 - Yes. I have seen them used many time. As long as there are all the details of the employer there, including a contact in case it's needed

2 - Yes. No need for more recent as it refers to a past situation that isn't expected to evolve

3 - Yes. HR, Manager, Director, Head of Department... that's fine.