ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xeesee
Member of Standing

Re: Refund from UKVI

Post by xeesee » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:57 pm

xeesee wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:47 pm
Hello,

I received IHS back but not the extension application fees.

I contacted UKVI via phone and they said fees is non-refundable.

Is it true? If not what shall I do to get application money back.

Please advise.

Thanks
Zimba, CR001 can you please give your opinion on refunds.

Is extension application fee is non-refundable?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: PBS Dependent ILR

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:44 am

IHS fees are refunded when an application is withdrawn. However application fees are NOT refunded if you enrol your biometrics (valid application) and then withdraw

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:51 am

Zimba wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:44 am
IHS fees are refunded when an application is withdrawn. However application fees are NOT refunded if you enrol your biometrics (valid application) and then withdraw

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
Thanks Zimba.

I did a variation on extension application. I'm little confused here. What is the difference between variation and withdrawn an application.

There is an information on page 8 and page17.

On page 8, "An administration fee cannot be retained if an application is void, withdrawn before
enrolment of biometrics (where we refund the fee paid) or the applicant has died".

On page 17, "when the original and variation application made online, the applicant will have paid 2 fees. The higher fee be retained and you must refund the lower fees".

If both applications or second application made on paper then just pay the difference.

Please help me understand this.

Thanks

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:18 am

Hello everyone,

I'm posting this message to update others on refunds from UKVI. I varied extension application after biometrics into ILR application.

I received IHS refund before the decision letter received and application fees also refunded my UKVI after 3 weeks of decision date.

Thanks