ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Applying for Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AlexD187
Newly Registered
Romania

Student Applying for Citizenship

Post by AlexD187 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:59 pm

Hi everyone,

I am getting ready to apply for naturalisation. As I will need to complete the online application, I noticed that if you select ''yes'' in the employment section you can add your occupation as ''other (voluntary work, studying''. So if I am a student, but unemployed should I select ''yes'' and mention that I am a student or should I just go with no?

Thanks!!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Student Applying for Citizenship

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:24 pm

You could say either yes or no - as you will know employment is not a pre-requisite. But as there is the option of Other/Student then you may as well say yes.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

AlexD187
Newly Registered
Romania

Re: Student Applying for Citizenship

Post by AlexD187 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:29 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:24 pm
You could say either yes or no - as you will know employment is not a pre-requisite. But as there is the option of Other/Student then you may as well say yes.
Thanks for your answer. Overthinking makes it so complicated :(