ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying in the UK from abroad

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pswchris
Newly Registered

Applying in the UK from abroad

Post by pswchris » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:44 pm

My girlfriend has a student visa which expires in January 2009. She has graduated from her masters at Cambridge University and has the necessary points for the PSW visa. She is however currently in her home country, South Africa.

1) Is it possible for her to mail her application from SA or send it via me in the UK so that I can apply for the PSW visa in the UK on her behalf (The aim is to take advantage of the transitional arrangement which only requires £800 of funds available now).

2) Does the PSW visa allow her to apply freely for any job for the 2 year duration of the visa? Is there any time limit that she can work in one job?

Many thanks

Chris

flames
Newly Registered

Re: Applying in the UK from abroad

Post by flames » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:23 pm

pswchris wrote:My girlfriend has a student visa which expires in January 2009. She has graduated from her masters at Cambridge University and has the necessary points for the PSW visa. She is however currently in her home country, South Africa.

1) Is it possible for her to mail her application from SA or send it via me in the UK so that I can apply for the PSW visa in the UK on her behalf (The aim is to take advantage of the transitional arrangement which only requires £800 of funds available now).

2) Does the PSW visa allow her to apply freely for any job for the 2 year duration of the visa? Is there any time limit that she can work in one job?

Many thanks

Chris
Her passport will indicate she is not in UK and it may jeopardise her application as ''deception''.

pswchris
Newly Registered

Applyingin the UK from abroad

Post by pswchris » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm

Yes that is what I am worried about. If this is not allowed then we do not want to do it that way.